Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Answers: How well do you know me?

Sorry that it took me so long to answer this.  Something about traveling across the country for 2 weeks seemed to have gotten in the way.  :)

The winner is...well, okay, the most anyone got correct was 8 (except my Mom, but even she only got 11 right).  And there were 5 of you!!  So, for the 5 that had 8 correct, you will need to answer this tie-breaker question.  This is for Merri, Sandi, Kelsey, Tashina, and Jessica.

And the question is--How many of the United States have I been to?  (And just so everyone is one equal footing, I just spent the last two weeks traveling from home to Michigan & back.)
Person closest to the answer wins.  Please don't guess the same number that someone else does.

And now, for the long overdue answers.

1.  I have never been to:

a. Indiana--I have now been to Indiana since first posting the quiz.

2.  My favorite season is:
c. fall--Something so homey and cozy about the season.  I love it.

3.  False: I've never had a cavity.--I've had one.

4.  My favorite winter sport to do is:
b. cross-country skiing--This is my favorite, hands down.  I haven't been in years, but every winter I daydream about going again.  Something about a husband who doesn't like going with me, having kids that depend on me, and being busy during tax season always seem to get in the way.

5.  On a first date I have:
c. gone out of town--Never kissed or held hands, but I did go several hours away with my date & spent the night at his family's home.

6.  False:  I have highlighted my hair.--I'm proud of my virgin hair.

7.  The furthest I have ever run is approximately:
c. 10 miles--This was about 3 years ago.  I was training for a half-marathon, but after doing 10 miles, I had to stop running because my shin splints were so bad.

8.  For school testing, I consistently scored the lowest in what subject?
b. math--Not much to say about this.  Just the way it was.

9. False:  I still have my baby blanket.--I remember it, but I don't have it because I'm a tosser.  If I don't need something anymore (my blanket was well-loved and getting holey), I will get rid of it.

10.  Which of the following was I never given for Christmas?
c. kitten--I was given a bike, and my dad always conveniently gave us gifts that he could use for horses and camping, but I was never given a kitten.

11.  My favorite way to craft or sew is:
c. to see an idea and wing it--I like to see and example, but when it comes down to doing it, I just use my creativity and make it work.

12.  False:  I have never said a swear word out loud.--I was probably an early teen when I said a swear word out loud to myself.  I didn't do anything for me, so I decided I didn't need to swear again.  I have said swear words on rare occasion, though.  (A little side note:  My mom and brother didn't believe me when I said that I had sworn before.  To prove them wrong, I said a sentence with a swear word in it.  You should have seen the look of shock and horror on their faces...)

13.  Depression first came into my life at what age?
c. 19--I know the event that first triggered it.  I really struggled with it during my sophomore year of college, and have struggled with it off and on since having baby #2.

14.  My ancestry is mostly from:
c. England & Germany--My maiden name is English, and my mom's maiden name is German.  Aside from just those two family names, my ancestry is all predominately from those two countries.

15.  False:  I once sent myself flowers on Valentines Day.--I'm shocked that you all thought I would do that!!  Only one person got this question correct!

16.  I have a fear of:
a. heights--I think it's because I feel like I'm falling.  I actually also have a fear of large bodies of water and of being stranded in the middle of nowhere (the mountains, especially).

17. What costume did I win an award for:
b.  pregnant lady in 4th grade--In 1990, it was funny.  In 2012, it might be a little too real for some.

18.  True:  I am the shortest child in my family.--All of my siblings are taller than me.

19.  Aside from the Mountain West, what area of the country would I like to live in?
b. Midwest--I love the Midwest   I would move there.  Then again, we don't have all of the bugs & humidity here in the west.

20.  Aside from being single in college, I have lived in how many homes?
b. 5--My childhood home in NM, 1 apartment in Idaho, 1 condo that we owned in Idaho, 1 condo in Utah, and our present home.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

My guess is 23

Sandi said...

I guess 19.

Merri Hackett said...

25

Unknown said...

12 states (some of these "prove your not a robot verifications are too hard for me to read! I've gone through like 3 of them!)

Sandi said...

Hear hear! I hate the verifications! Do you use it because you get lots of robot spam if you don't? I don't have verifications on my site and I've never gotten any spam. Maybe you should try it without for a while. Now to convince the rest of my blogging friends!

Keri said...

And the winner is....Jessica!! Even I didn't know the number until I counted it up. I'll get you your prize as soon as I can, Jessica...which may or may not be very soon. :)

And I'll go take off the word verification only because I love you all.

Dixie said...

Still laughing about the "look on their faces" comment. Why, oh why couldn't I have been a fly on that wall? :)

Koreena said...

So fun to learn more about you!