The only grandpa I've ever known, Marion Farnsworth, passed away on Monday, July 9th in Las Cruces, NM. He had been very active and healthy until this past year, when he had an accident and started experiencing some health problems. In May, he nearly died and during that time was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, or cancer of the plasma. His cancer was, surprisingly, in almost total remission after only weeks of treatment, but he was sick from the treatments and some of the side effects. Although he had been in and out of the hospital, we didn't expect his passing at this time.
After my mom called me, I immediately went to tell Randy. I had an inital rush of emotion about his passing, but then I couldn't help but think of the AMAZING reunion he must have had. He leaves behing his wife of nearly 3 years, Grandma Lucille. However, I know he must have been greeted by his first wife, Grandma Gracie, as well as his second wife, Grandma (Elaine) Farnsworth, and my Uncle Alan, who was killed when he was 8. The list could go on, but I just know that although we may be sad here, and I feel deeply for Grandma Lucille and my dad, Grandpa must have such a wonderful reunion going on beyond the veil.
My grandpa was an incredible man. We attended his funeral last weekend in New Mexico, and it was a fitting tribute to him. (I don't know that I will ever attend a better funeral). He faced so much adversity, heartache, and disappointment in his life, but you would have never known. He lived such an honorable life. I know of no man who is better. Aside from my own dad, I look up to him most.
As Grandpa had his own reunion, we were able to see most of my dad's family. We had a wonderful time visiting with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We forgot our camera on this trip, but I've put in the picture of the last time I saw my Grandpa (far right), which was at my brother, Alan's wedding last December.
I hope and pray that I can remember my Grandpa's example of how he lived a Christ-centered life. I look forward to the day when I can see him again. Until then...I love you Grandpa!!
No comments:
Post a Comment