I've been having a difficult time lately in a lot of aspects, but I'm doing what I can to improve where I am able. Yesterday was simply full of tender mercies from the Lord. I could feel His love and influence.
Last night was a perfect (yet still imperfect) night:
- We had dinner & saw the Festival of Lights with Randy's parents.
- Back at home, Randy and I snuggled on the couch watching TV while the girls happily (read: did not fight!) played in the same room.
- When it was time for bed, I asked Sydney & Jenna to pick up a few things. Jenna kept going and going until everything was picked up. (Now if I can just figure out how to get her to do that every day...)
For those few hours, I enjoyed being a mom.
And now, for Jenna's latest antics...
Gather
And whatever you do, DO NOT look at the camera!
8 comments:
I can see why it wasn't a fully perfect night -- I wasn't there with you! I really really really need to make a trip to Utah to see you and all of my Utah friends. Sigh... one of these days!
That was pretty funny what she did with the ornaments!
I'm glad you had a few hours of peace at least. I try to soak in those moments where motherhood is good so that they can get me through the other 90% of the time.
If you ever need out of the house, you and your girls are always welcome here. :)
I am sorry you are having a hard time. I will come see you hear soon and find out what I can do to help.
Oh Jenna! She cracks me up and brings a smile to my face Keri!
Adorable!! I see a future decorator. ;) Oh and you will laugh--the word verification that I have to type today to comment on your blog is "trial." Is that appropriate or what?!!
Treasure those moments of so called perfection. They come and go and weren't made to be there constantly. We have too much learning to do.
I loved the cluster of ornaments on the droopy tree branch!
Cute :) Oh I hear ya! A few moments of children happily playing together or sleeping is such a nice relief.
Post a Comment