Monday, November 1, 2010

October Rundown

I've become pretty great at forgetting to bring my camera along & take pictures.  So, here are a few noteworthy events from October that weren't well documented.

*During our 2-day Fall Break, we decided to go visit my sister, Dixie, and her family in Idaho.  We really, really enjoyed getting away.  The weather was gorgeous, we were able to have dinner with some old friends, and Randy got in a few rounds of golf with Josh (our brother-in-law).  I also tried Zumba with Dixie, and we took the kids on a hike up to a "cave".  Josh & Dixie's boys are always so nice to Sydney & Jenna, so it's always a delight to visit them.

*The girls and I went to a neighbor's Halloween potluck & costume party while Randy was at class.  Sydney dressed up as a ghost, Jenna was Elmo, and I was my typical "momster" that I am every year.  I made candy corn Jello, with sugar-free lemon & orange Jello, topped with whipped cream.  We have some super fun neighbors & we all had a good time.

*We had a soup & pumpkin carving night with Randy's brother & sister & their families.  Again, it's always nice to get together with them!

*Jenna had a preschool Halloween party & was a princess.  Sydney dressed up as a baker for her Halloween parade at school.  I made it there to see her this year, but the picture didn't turn out well.

*We attended our ward's chili cook-off & trunk-or-treat.  It was COLD!!  But the scones were super good!

*I surprised Randy with an overnight getaway at the Homestead Resort.  For the first time in our marriage, I think I actually really, truly surprised him!!  We had a wonderful time doing nothing...just what we both needed.  My angel sister, Kelsey, stayed at our house to watch the girls.  I'm so thankful for her!

*We took the girls trick-or-treating on the 30th, since the 31st was on a Sunday.  Sydney was a ghost again & Jenna was a princess again.  We went to a nursing home that was recommended, but discovered we won't be doing that again.  Randy then took the girls around some of the neighborhood in hats & gloves while they froze & collected candy.  I stayed home, folded laundry & ignored the doorbell.  :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

haha.. ignored the doorbell? love it! Sounds like you had a fun october

Dustin and Angie said...

I've heard Zumba is fun but am afraid of looking like a comlete dork while trying.

Jackson Family said...

we can pretty good at ignoring the doorbell too! Sounds like you've had an eventful and great month.

Vanessa said...

That looks like a nice place Keri. How fun! I think I need something like that too! I didn't have to ignore the door bell...we never have any trick-or-treaters. YaY!

Koreena said...

Love that last one. Great job surprising your husband with a getaway!

Sandi said...

So sad there are no Keri Monster pictures

Tammy said...

What happened at the nursing home? I was going to go and then the hail started so we missed it.

Amanda said...

We never get any trick-or-treaters and I couldn't be happier about it. But I'm so glad you and Randy got a night away! How fun!