Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Heart of Gratitude

Life isn't easy right now.  I feel like I have so many worries & concerns pressing down on me.  Add to that my aching body, and some days I feel like I just want to give up.  I cry a lot.  But, through all of this, I have been able to recognize my many, many blessings, and have felt much gratitude.

*My parents.  They are always so willing to lend a hand wherever & whenever needed.  I know they would give their life for me if it was asked of them.  They are also a shoulder to cry on when I can't share my concerns with many others.

*My siblings.  They take after my parents.  :)  And they are my best friends.

*A warm home.

*A husband who loves me unconditionally.

*Being 30.  It feels so much better than 29 & I have 10 more years before I hit 40!

*My children.  They try me, but nothing beats their sweet hugs, kisses & I love you's.  And when they've seen me crying, they show true concern.

*The beautiful earth.  I was struck by how pretty it was this week as I walked in the rain with Jenna.  The sidewalks were littered with colorful fall leaves as the rain came down.  There was just something magnificent about it.  I was also struck by the beauty of the changing leaves contrasted against the snowy mountains & the small flakes falling this week as I drove.  We live on a magnificent planet.

*Motivation to go forward.  My motivation comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know there is a plan for each of us.  I know the experiences we have are for our own good.  I may not understand why, but I know we have a loving Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ, who love us beyond comprehension & know just what we need to learn in this life.

*That my dreams aren't true.  I sometimes wake up from dreams & am SO thankful that they weren't real.  I'd have a lot of apologizing to do if they were!

*Feeling this baby move inside of me.  Sure, I hurt a lot, but knowing that I have a precious gift inside of me makes me happy.  I can't wait to hold her!

*Food on my table.

*Diet Pepsi.  I actually am a bit ashamed to even admit this.  I've never been much of a pop drinker.  I still don't drink it tons, but more than I ever have in the past.  It's just a nice, sugar-free treat when all I've wanted this pregnancy is something good to drink or fruit to eat.

*For my education.  I love doing tax & accounting work.  It's wonderful that I can be paid to do what I love & I can work from home.

*For thoughtful friends.  A kind word, a listening ear, or simply remembering me.

*1st grade homework.  It's so much easier on me, as a mom, than kindergarten homework was!

9 comments:

Jackson Family said...

and we're all grateful for you! :)

ollie said...

Everybody loves you 'cause you're just bout the coolest girl in the world!

Koreena said...

What a wonderful post. I've been a big complainer lately. Guess I need a does of gratitude.

Cheryl said...

I really enjoyed visiting with you yesterday. It put some things into perspective for myself. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful...I'm also grateful for my Diet Dr. Pepper, it's my treat :)

Nalene said...

That was beautiful Keri! Thank you!

Vanessa said...

I hope you had a good Birthday! I am really looking forward to being thirty...but don't tell anyone.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were really happy because every time I see you, you seem so happy! I was surprised by #1. I really can't even see how you like taxes and accounting:). I'm glad somebody does! I could never ever ever do that, let alone like it. You do have cute girls and a beautiful home. Thanks again for the deer meat. It was very nice of you. What can I do nice for you now?

The Hall Family said...

Way to find happiness in the small things I tend to overlook so often. You are a survivor and you will get through this time.

Sandi said...

It's funny how hard a kindergartner's homework can be!