Today is my brother, Alan's 25th birthday. For the life of me, I couldn't find any really good, embarassing pictures of him. I know I've got them...unless he's stolen them. So, here are a few memories I have.
*My cousin, Marci, and I convinced him to let us tie a bra on him & stuff it with apples. We then took a picture. He was really angry.
*We had a lot of fun driving to and from high school together. I was a senior his freshman year. I'm pretty sure he thought I was cool then. He even let me borrow his shirt a time or two.
*He was convinced that I should marry Jeremy Bloomfield (my best friend). He was still thinking this should happen when I was engaged to Randy. Tough luck, Alan! He learned to love Randy soon enough.
*I wrote Alan every week of his mission & would often email back and forth with him on his preparation days. Am I his favorite sister? I think so!
*Alan would come over to my house when he was in college. He would do that to avoid getting called in to work. Of course, I took advantage more than once and left him to babysit Sydney while I would run errands. I would come home to him holding her while using the computer. So sweet!
*Alan still bears scars from when I would claw him with my nails as a child. I'm sure he deserved it.
*He is a Star Trek fanatic. I really dislike "Star Crap". We would fight over watching that and Oprah after school. We ended up taking turns.
*Alan and I were endowed in the Provo Temple on the same day. I was married the next, and he left for his mission about a month later.
*He and Heather are great with our kids. They will make wonderful parents someday. Alan is a great brother and uncle. We sure love him! Happy Birthday, Alan!

3 comments:
Hey, have you got your camera/computer issue figured out yet? If you need some help trouble shooting- Shawn could come over and have a look. He is a computer wizard. Let me know.
I thought he didn't like you taking his shirts.. he says you left boob marks on them
He just got the "boob mark" thing from my dad! I wasn't as big then as I am now & the shirt was so baggy that I doubt I left marks. Either way, he let me borrow them since I was his cool older sister. Or maybe I just took them by force... ;)
Post a Comment