Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A little project


I made this for Randy's mom for her birthday last week. (I hadn't posted it because we gave it to her this past weekend when she was here.) I got the vinyl from Scribble It. I am really pleased with how it turned out, paint and all.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Look how craft you are! I really like it. I'm always thinking I should try stuff like that, but I never do.

Amanda said...

Whoops, meant to say crafty! Such bad English I have.

Dixie said...

Cute! You should probably take the ones down that I made...they are pretty tacky!

ollie said...

That's awesome!!! I had never heard of Vinyl lettering until I started reading other peoples blogs. Is it easy to do?

Keri said...

Dixie--I like yours & where I have them at. :)

Ollie--It's super easy to do. painting was the craftiest part of it all.

Rachel said...

Keri, what color of paint did you use? It almost looks metalic...cool! And, where did you get your wood cut?

I love it! You did a wonderful job.

Tiffany said...

nice job sissy!

Vanessa said...

I love it! I can all use some good ideas.

Keri said...

Rach--I got the wood from Robert's. The paint is just a cream color & a dark brown. I painted the whole thing brown & then did the cream (quite a few coats) on the top. I also sprayed it with acrylic spray, so that's probably what makes it appear metallic. Then I put the vinyl on.

Jen said...

I love it. You did a great job. I bet she loved it!

Emily said...

That looked great. I loved looking at that website. I'll have to think of something cute to get for my new house!

Janell said...

Good job Keri...very cute!

Alan said...

Do they sell vinyl sheets at that store where they could cut it to an appropriate dimension for me? How much does it cost? email me.

Cammi said...

Keri -

I LOVE THIS! It turned out so great... it's perfect!

Look for it on our website photo gallery.

If anyone is interested in ordering, just let me know at ScribbleIt@msn.com - custom orders!!

Great job Keri, it's awesome!