Saturday, May 17, 2008

All-Stars

I've been pretty sick with a cold this week. Actually, pretty sick is a bit of an understatement. It hit me fast and it hit me hard, but I'm now on the upswing. I've required a lot of rest, which isn't easy with 2 small kids. Sydney also got the barfies yesterday. It's been passed around among her friends. I think she's on the mend.

Here are my all-stars for the week:
My mom: She has talked with and listened to me on the phone, even with a super stressful week that's she's had. I know she would have been here to help me if she could have.
Mike & Amanda: They stayed at our house one night this week. Before they left in the wee hours of the morning, they washed up a few dishes that couldn't fit in the dishwasher. What a wonderful surprise to wake up to!
Merri & Mailee: They let Sydney play at their houses for hours and hours. While I slept. Enough said.
Randy: He took 1/2 a day off on Wednesday to come home & watch the kids so I could sleep. He then took off all day Friday so I wouldn't have to clean up Sydney's barfies while still feeling sick. He has done so much without complaining and has let me sleep my life away.

I'm truly surrounded by wonderful friends and family!

7 comments:

Lily said...

I'm sorry you haven't felt well. I wish I would have known. I would've made you guys dinner and took Sydney to the park with us this week. But I am glad you are starting? to feel better. :)

ollie said...

aaaawwwww! What wonderful people you have in your life! Hope you start to feel better!

Unknown said...

Its great when you can just sit and take care of your self instead of worrying about everyone else! I hope you feel better..

Vanessa said...

Dang, I'm so sorry you haven't felt good...I wish I could be there for you. It's the pits when momma is sick! Love You!

Rachel said...

sorry you've been sick, and glad you're starting to feel better. Isn't it nice to have friends and family who help out when you need it?

Amanda said...

Yuck! I hope you're feeling better. There's nothing worse than being sick and trying to take care of kiddo's at the same time. Thank goodness for family and good friends!

Gasaway Family said...

Get better, being sick is no fun! (But of course you already know that.)