Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sad & Sweet

Sad:
Randy and I had been working in the garden earlier tonight. He put the garden tools away, and I came inside to prepare for a meeting. After my meeting, I asked Randy where Jenna was. He didn't know. I was a bit frantic. She wasn't in the backyard, so I went to my second best guess. The garage. I found her buckled into her carset in the car. She wasn't crying at the time, but had been, as evidenced by the tear on her cheek and her puffy, red eyes & cheeks. So sad. It broke my heart. I'm just glad she was safe there and it wasn't too hot. 45 minutes is a LONG time!

Sweet:
Jen was here for a short meeting tonight. I was released as the Compassionate Service Leader in Relief Society on Sunday, and I was training another sister. Jen's the RS president & she just needed to be here to make sure everything went well. Sydney joined us for the meeting & started talking with Jen. (She says Jen's son, Jimmy, is one of her two choices of who she is going to marry. They are sweet friends.) I think they chatted for a bit. So, tonight as we were coming back from getting the girls a free ice cream cone, Sydney said the following.

Sydney: "Mom, Jimmy's mom talks a lot like I do."
Mom: "Oh, yeah."
Sydney: "Yeah. She's my best friend. I love her."

I think she loved having a captive audience who wasn't telling her to stop talking. Thanks, Jen!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh man, I did that to Gracy a few months ago...I cried for days. I know how you feel. That is sweet about Sydney too!

Sandi said...

Yeah, I was sitting outside yesterday evening enjoying the cool air, reading a book while Annalee played. I looked up to find her standing in the middle of the street. My heart nearly stopped. I ran after her, and she ran away giggling, thinking it was a game. I felt like such a bad mom for letting her get that far.

Tammy said...

scary how easily we can get distracted. I did that once to Brighton. I unbuckled her, but she didn't want to get out of the car. So I shut the door and left her thinking it would make her want to come out. Well it didn't and I forgot for about 10-15 minutes. Luckily she didn't seem to mind. Scary having trouble finding kids.

Nalene said...

Sorry about Jenna's trauma, but that Sydney sure is sweet!

Radene said...

That would have made my heart stop! I"m glad she is okay. SO hard to keep track of kids sometimes. It sounds like you have such sweet girls.

Jen Gallacher said...

She's my best friend too!! :)