Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm spent.

What a week I have had!

My brother and his family were here for a few days.
My mom was here for 5 days.
Randy was gone for 3 days, hiking in the Grand Canyon.

I had several crazy busy days of running around & helping at my sister's house...my girls even started begging me to go home on two different days! I've created home-bodies...just like me!

My mom and I made a cute blanket for my cousin. Everyone at the baby shower loved it.

I attended my Ricks College 12th Ward reunion. It's been 10 years since I first moved away from home. This was my ward for the first 2 years of college. It's amazing how welcome & connected I can feel to people I haven't seen in so long. It was so good to see everyone. But I still have so many more of you that I would LOVE to see!

Despite the busyness, church is what is challenging me right now.
Randy & I have a new calling to sit with a CTR5 class during sharing time. We did it today. At one point, I was holding a sleeping Jenna and a sweet, special needs child on my lap. Whew!
I rushed from there to teach Relief Society.
I have some major visiting teaching concerns right now. In fact, visiting teaching has been just plain stressful the whole summer.
I still have my stake calling doing family history, too. 3 callings. Yikes!
When is it too much?
I just hope I can get past this strange/difficult place I'm in.

Because...I hate feeling like this & I have a disaster of a house to clean tomorrow!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Keri,
Your RS lesson was wonderful today. Just what I needed to hear! Thank you!

Koreena said...

3 callings? Yikes!!!

Hope things de-stressify for you. (Is that even a word?) It was good to see you yesterday!

Tammy said...

I didn't know you had a stake calling! How long have you had that? I loved the lesson today, though! I especially love the hand outs. It's a great message and it motivates me to go and read those conference talks

Vanessa said...

Keri three callings is way to much...I would be doing something about that. I bet you are a great teacher though! ...that blanket is adorable and looks so cozy!!

ollie said...

Ack!!! They gave you a primary calling on top of everything else? ugh... that would seriously send me over the edge! I loathe primary..... lol!

Jackson Family said...

wow, you make me tired and stressed and overwhelmed just reading about it! I recognized a lot of people from the Ricks photo, fun!

Sandi said...

Just wait until Randy gets called into the bishopric and you have to sit by yourself in Sacrament meeting too!

The Hall Family said...

I understand your stress. Between Adam and I we have 5 callings now. I wish our primary calling was at least a non-teaching one, but no, we get to plan a lesson for the 7 year olds, too. Hopefully we get blessings, I guess. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes, your lesson was so great. you are a great teacher.

Maren said...

I feel for you, I am feeling the same way right now! I hope everything will work out and settle down soon.

Jessica said...

Wow, I didn't realize you had a stake calling too, you are SUPER busy!

Dixie said...

we need Grand Canyon pictures!!