Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On my mind

Last night I woke up as I was taking the pillow case off of a pillow.  I have no idea why I did it.

I have been waking up exhausted every morning.  I know I get to bed too late (usually between 11 and 12 when I stop reading & turn out the lights).  I know that I could use about 10 hours of sleep each night with this pregnancy...a little crazy.  But, I had a light bulb moment this morning, though.  If I didn't have kids in bed with me half the night, I'd probably sleep a lot better!  Our bedroom door will be getting locked tonight.

I am so thankful for a husband that works hard.  Being self-employed isn't always easy, but I am SO glad that Randy has motivation to keep going.  Not all men are blessed with that quality, as I have witnessed.

The toilets in our house are constantly getting clogged.  I'm getting tired of plunging.  I think we cured Sydney of her need to use half a roll of TP at a time, but how to teach Jenna?

I feel like my depression resurfaces from time to time, even though I'm on my meds.  I'm a little worried about weaning myself off to deliver a baby, but I don't want a cranky newborn with withdrawals, either.  I probably need to get started on my smaller doses soon.  Wish me well!

Randy tells me I'm a roller coaster, and he's right.  I will go full force with motivation and get TONS done one day, and on other days I do almost nothing.  I always feel bad on those days.  However, I want to give myself permission to have days off.  I'm working on that.

On Saturday, I mended clothes (that had been waiting for a year to be stitched up, etc), fixed my girls curtains & sewed most of their valence, picked apples, listened to conference, made dinner, and canned a ton of applesauce.  I'd say that was an up roller coaster day.

I'm planning to make curtains, a crib bumper, a crib skirt, and throw pillows for our guest bed (which is in the baby's room).  I guess I got tired of the same decorations that have been up for 6 1/2 years.  I'm excited to get it done...and want to do it in a timely fashion.

13 comments:

Dixie said...

:)

simplysarah said...

During my very first visit with my mission president, he told me that I was a typical woman - an emotional roller coaster! I was slightly hurt at the time, but six years later I have to admit he was right. My boyfriend is a second witness, lol!

Anyway, I know what you mean about the ebb and flow of depression, even with treatment. Right there with you girl. It's refreshing how you keep it real and also keep-a-going. Way to go.

Unknown said...

What colors are you going to use in the guest/baby room? Im excited to see how it turns out. FYI.. its ALOT harder to make a crib bumper then you think.. or maybe it just was for me?
I know what you mean with the Depression and getting off the pills.. That was the hardest for me back when I did it. The only way I function with out them is going to the gym and working out 3-4 days a week. Working out releases endorphins which are natural anti-depressants. Ironically it would be cheaper for me to stay on the pills money wise but I feel so much better with the working out. And to top it off.. going gives me time to myself that I get to focus on me and not anyone else. Just my two cents I guess!

Jackson Family said...

good luck! I'm excited to see pictures of the room.

ollie said...

Can we be any more alike? I think you were supposed to be the sister Heavenly Father forgot to give me.

Sandi said...

Wow, get out of my head! And go to sleep!

P.S. Have you tried flattening the tp roll so it doesn't roll so well? Of course, the kids will probably figure out how to take it off and use a ton anyway.

Mel and Angus said...

Keri its okay to not be driven to accomplish a ton of stuff everyday. Learn to love the inner slug in you! I had to do that and I am actually pretty good at being a slug! Now I have to find the Road Runner in me from time to time. But you know what, everything still get done!

Vanessa said...

Amen Aunt Melanie! You are such a go-er, I don't know how you do it!

Unknown said...

I love you sis! I'll be excited to see what you do with the guest room. Good luck locking the girls out. I hope you get a good night's rest tonight :)

Merri Hackett said...

Maybe it's not the tp clogging the toilet....randy might be responsible for that. Or maybe Wes has he used any of your bathrooms lately. :) jk

Laina Spray said...

I am right there with you Keri. I feel like there are days that I can accomplish anything I set before myself and than the other 6 days of the week I am luck to have enough energy to take a shower!! Don't feel bad I say 1 out of 7 is enough to ask a pregnant lady with 2 kids already. Keep your head up and only do what you can do!! You are an amazing person and your family is very lucky to have you!

Rolyndia said...

I am excited to see the new crib/baby decorations. I know they will look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what meds you are on, but I never had a cranky baby like they say "could" happen. I really don't think it's worth going off meds for, for me.