Thursday, March 13, 2008

Teeny

Jenna had her 1-year checkup with the doctor a few days ago. She got 4 shots & did so well with them. Just for fun, I thought I would give a little comparison of my teeny-tiny girls at the same age.

Sydney, 1 year
14 lbs, 13 1/2 oz, 0%
26 1/2 inches tall, 0%

Jenna, 1 year
16 lbs, 0 oz, less than 3%
27 1/2 inches tall, 10%

The doctor was a little concerned about Jenna's growth. As a mom, I think she's fine. I went through the same thing with Sydney. I'm just hoping she doesn't have to go through all the tests that Sydney (& I) endured just to find out nothing was wrong. Both of our families have some small babies, and I was one of them (18 lbs. at 1 year). I didn't realize that Jenna was quite so small, though.

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Your girls are teeny! Wow. I have monster babies. I think Drew is pushing 14 lbs and he's only 2 1/2 months old.

Lily said...

Holy cow, Jenna weighs as much Brooks at almost 4 months now!

Gasaway Family said...

One good thing about smaller kids is it's easier to carry them around!

Vanessa said...

Wow! Those are teeny tiny's, I think at a year Jakob weighed 22 pounds. He is a brute!

Shina said...

Oh wow they are tiny. I thought Peyton was way too tiny for her age. She is 7 months and only ways 14lbs and was 26 1/2 when we last went to the dr. And I thought she was tiny compared to Jenny's monsters. Waylon is 1 today and he weighs over 27pounds.

amanda said...

don't worry! i'm sure your kids are fine. and hey, some kid has to be the smallest in the class someday:) they look great to me.

Amber said...

What cuties. Halie is small too and it can be frustrating to have the doctors put you through all that worry when you know they are a-okay.

RandyC said...

I am just going to say that someone has to be the point guards of the future. Did you see D-Will eat up the best team in the NBA tonight?

Dixie said...

I didn't realize Jenna was so small either. She seems so big compared to Sid!

Teri said...

At least she is a good eater. Kara still is not doing so good with eating. She is still hovering at the 2% for weight. It must be a Chipman thing.

Rachel said...

I know how it is, Sabrina is turning two next month and is only about 23 lbs. It is worriesome at times, but there isn't much you can do about it.

Heather said...

Shoot...my niece isn't even 17 lbs and she will be 1 in two weeks, I would say your daughter is FINE! :) You're the mom, I think I'd trust your judgement! :)

Nicole said...

how did you find me? it was fun to get a comment from you and to check out your page. your girls are teeny! i loved the post when you listed everything you did that day. you go! sometimes i feel like people thing that stay-at-home mom's don't do anything. YEAH RIGHT! just try it! :) we should go to the park when it gets warm and let the kids play some, huh? let me know!

Tiffany said...

how was the jazz autograph session? I didnt realize jenna was that small either. I think sydney and bri being so close I noticed more with her. Heart U. Later.

Tammy said...

Holy Cow! My kids are teeny tiny, but not that bad. Brighton weighs 14 pounds right now. She might not keep growing in weight though, but the other kids did. My kids were about 18-20 pounds at a years I think. I should look that up. Crazy that they are so small!