Thursday, May 29, 2008

Colorado & New Mexico

We took a 5-night, 6-day vacation to Durango, Colorado & our hometowns in New Mexico. We first dropped our girls off with Randy's parents in NM, then drove to Durango to spend a few (basically free) nights without the kids. After 2 nights, we returned & then spent the rest of the time with our families.

Highlights of our time alone:
*Driving to Silverton, where we ate at Grumpy's Saloon & Restaurant. Funny thing is, we had eaten there 6 years ago while we were engaged, but didn't remember it was that specific place until we went inside. We also enjoyed a snowstorm from the comfort of our car. (Unfortunately, my Photoshopped picture wouldn't upload...)
*Sharing a yummy meal at Steamworks Brewery.
*Relaxing & playing at Trimble Hot Springs. After sitting in the hot springs for a while, Randy challenged me to see who could swim a faster lap in the cooler pool. Let's just say neither of us even made it the length of the pool...we were so out of breath! But it was tons of fun!
*Reading & watching TV with no kids around.
*Having dinner with the J's at Francisco's.
*Buying fudge at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...and I ate it all myself...no regrets...YUM!
*Randy's mom & dad taking super good care of our girls.
*And a quick lowlight: Going to a sales presentation at Wyndham & having the worst, insulting salesperson ever. That's not to say we will never buy timeshare in the future, but don't ever buy from Julie in Durango!!!

And of our time together:
*Keri playing Settler's of Catan with some of my siblings & their spouses. And I actually won a game!
*Randy taking the girls in the hot tub. Sydney had been dying to do it, and Jenna had a blast kicking in the water!
*Attending Angie's baby shower (which is really the reason we took the trip in the first place).

*Having all of my siblings together, even if it is a bit overwhelming... Out of the entire family, we were only missing one brother-in-law, Cedric.

*Eating a yummy Sunday dinner with my family. My mom is the best!
*Randy getting in 45 holes of golf at Riverview & Pinon Hills.

*Sydney getting to play with Lander & Breanna.
*Helping Dixie plant my parents' garden.

There were so many more great things about our trip. It was a much needed, much enjoyed getaway!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

How much fun! It's so fun getting good family time in.Oh, Steamworks is the best isn't it. And Fransisco's and Chocolate are must haves when going there. Hmmmmm.....I think I might just have to mention to Jeremy that we are overdue for a visit to Durango. Thanks for the idea Keri!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you were able to take a trip, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Tim & Nancy said...

We've done the Wyndham time share thing and have never had a real bad experience they just won't take no for an answer. Sounds like a really fun trip. nancy

Vanessa said...

Wow that is a big family. You guys remind of so many good times!

Shina said...

Oh it was so nice to visit with you on sunday. I wish we could have visited longer. But maybe we can when I move up there in January. Yay I can't wait.

Tammy said...

45 holes! That's awesome! Chad would have loved that. We haven't done a couples vacation for real like that in a long time. it all sounded like a lot of fun. I love getting away and just leaving it all behind. Wyndham is a good experience, but we like Worldmark Timeshares. That's what we have.

Janell said...

What a good time! I haven't eaten at Fransisco's in forever. That's where I first started eating and liking mushrooms. They had the best mushroom appetizer (although I really don't remember what it was)--delicious! Glad you guys could get away together.

Amber said...

That sounds so awesome. It makes me homesick to see my family. It will be one year in July.

Dixie said...

I'm glad Fransisco's was a highlight for you too. Geez! :)

Couldn't you photoshop our sibling pic for me? Maybe a little tuck here, blurred line there...you know, make us all look like Jessica Simpson!

Dixie said...

...at least for the girls! The boys could maybe do the Josh Duhamel thing (you know the soldier on Transformers)...