Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Love


I am loving our garden so much! Each day, we are able to pick a few yummy strawberries & sugar snap peas to enjoy. Nearly all of my plants are growing like crazy. I got Randy a trimmer/edger for Father's Day, which he has been using (& loving). The edges of our lawn are finally looking great after 2 years of periodically borrowing trimmers. I'm currently looking through my Park Seed fall magazine dreaming of what I want to plant to make my yard look better. It's such a work in progress!! A few days ago, the girls and I took advantage of some clouds that cooled us off for a bit to weed & pull out all of my tulip bulbs. Oh, my, those things multiply like crazy! Sydney was especially helpful. Jenna, on the other hand, had to be buckled into her stroller because she ran into the street... She's a fun one to have in the yard, I tell you!



And while I'm on the subject of I Love, I'll share a few more things I've been loving... Marguerites, accomplishing nearly everything on my "to do" list, cool summer evenings (lately after the sun sets), when Randy comes home, my Legacy family history software, Sydney's sweet words, and Jenna's silliness.

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

mmmmm...I miss fresh strawberries...that is a gorgeous flower...that thing would die in two seconds flat being in this heat!

The Chizel Family said...

nice, I love garden treats!!

Nalene said...

Your pictures are beautiful! You have a gift!...both in your yard and garden and with the camera.

Rachel said...

oooh, I wanna pick that strawberry and dip it in choclate, it looks so good! Way to go for gardening!

Amanda said...

I must agree with everyone else. That strawberry looks so yummy! I can't wait for our garden to start producing wonderful treats too.

Lara said...

Congratulations on the success of your garden. I haven't gotten around to planting a garden this year. However, since our "garden" consists of a couple plants in grow boxes out on our apartment porch our garden isn't ever super exciting. Any tricks to getting the sugar snap peas to grow? Ours withered up and died last year, even with plenty of water.

Vanessa said...

Keri, I just use the program that came with my camera, it's called ArcSoft Photostudio.

conner posse said...

that was such a nice post!! pretty pics, too.

hey - your strawberries look normal!! mine look like aliens landed in my garden! i should take a pic and show you what i mean...

Jenson Family said...

Oh Keri I love your garden too!! We moved right when we should have been planting, so we are a little behind. I much have the passions you do... cool evenings and beautiful gardens. Enjoy!

The Bundrocks said...

I love how big your strawberries are! Is that what a little fertilizer will do? Mine don't look that big!