Friday, July 25, 2008

A week in the life...

This week has been far from normal. I'm typically not busy & am at home most of the time...and I usually cook dinner. Well, this week I've:

*made dinner zero times--leftovers, frozen pizza, $5 pizza, and fresh veggies from the garden have been a recurring theme--all because I've been busy (or napping...).

*been interviewed, hired, trained, and began a new work-from-home job. I'm making phone calls, which is not the greatest fun, but I've already had some limited success in the few minutes I spent doing it tonight, so we'll see. Extra cash is always a bonus.

*taken Randy to the airport for a very last minute trip to Mexico. It happened on Sydney's birthday. It was a good thing we had cake & presents the night before!

*spent time with Randy's family, my sister Dixie and her boys, and Kelsey (twice).

*not done any real cleaning in my house. Sure, the dishes are done, laundry is put away & the toys are picked up, but really... Bathrooms aren't cleaned, lawn isn't mowed, floors aren't swept & vacuumed, houseplants are parched, and the list could go on and on.

*gotten to do my new calling. I'm the Compassionate Service Leader and we've had 2 babies born in our ward just this week. By the way, Randy's new calling Assistant Ward Clerk (Finance).

Whew, if tomorrow & the next week are anything like this week (and I'm betting they will be), I'd better get some serious shut-eye!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

wow, that's quite the week! My mom is the compassionate leader in her ward, and it's been one of her favorite callings.

Amanda said...

You are one busy lady! Whew! By the way, your mom was so cute in the play for the 24th. She's so talented.

corine said...

hey whats the at home job you are doing?

ollie said...

What's the new business you're doing????

Tammy said...

YIKES! you didn't make dinner once. sweet. I'll take a week like that. That's why I'm excited for girls camp!

Dixie said...

Mexico? That sounds like fun!