Aside from the little purses I made my girls (shown in previous post), I was super busy working on gifts for our parents & siblings this holiday season. We rotate names, so at least I only had one sibling of mine & one of Randy's to do gifts for. I started them in September & finished in December. I should have counted the hours I put into it...it was a lot. Randy and the girls were super patient with me being on the computer so much & spending time away from home doing research. What is it, you ask?

I compiled information about each of our LDS pioneer ancestors.

I did 4 books or collections--my family, Randy's family, my sister-in-law's family (Teri) & my brother-in-law's family (Josh). It was a lot of work, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Teri and Josh have the one and only copies of these great masterpieces. Of course, I would welcome them passing them along to their families.
My family's book was the longest--nearly 150 pages!
Randy gave me a precious gift, as well. He designed & ordered a 7 generation pedigree chart (including our girls). He had it professionally mounted & framed. It looks amazing & brought tears to my eyes--considering how much time I've put into family history this past year. It was a amazingly wonderful gift!
13 comments:
I was at Dixies house when she opened hers and she loved it!! Its great that you are so into all the family history stuff.. Its great that you have been able to find the history of relatives that came before. Someday I'll have to find that stuff out about my family.
What an awesome gift you gave us and also the pedigree chart Randy gave you. Two perfect gifts! Thank you so much!!!
WOW! I am amazed at you Keri. When you go to heaven I will have to grab your ankle so I can go too! I can only imagine what those on the other side feel about you. Randy's gift was fantastic too.
Whoa! What a great idea! Coming from a convert family I never would have thought of something like that. That is definitely something that will stick around for generations!
Your gifts are so thoughtful. So Randy got a job? Wow! Where and are you so relieved?
Wow! Keri that is awesome! What an amazing gift! What a sweet gift from Randy as well. Scott's dad did something similar for us too!
Wow, what incredible gifts! Those are the best kind because they are meaningful and they were put together with love. Those will be treasured gifts in the years to come.
wow, that's really cool. I love the books you made, as well as what Randy gave to you.
That gift must have taken you so long. What an amazing thing to recieve. And Randy's gift to you...priceless!
I can't believe you did all of that! I've been trying to get more into family history, but I just haven't found me niche in it yet, I feel so overwhelmed and lost. So I personally am very impressed with your hard work, that is truly an amazing accomplishment!
Keri, that is SO cool!!!!! I love it. I think those books are amazing. I am just getting into the whole family history scene. I know who to call when I get frustrated or confused :)
Wow! WHAT AN AWESOME GIFT that you gave to your family. That is so special that you did that! You are so thoughtful. It is amazing that you are dedicated to family history work. I love the pedigree chart from Randy. That is amazing. I love the purses that you made the girls for church! They are really pretty. What a great idea! You are an example to me!
man, that looks like a lot of work, but it would be so great to have. I have an uncle that has done that for my dad's side of the family, but only the way back and not the recent ones. I need to work on my grandparents.
Post a Comment