Thursday, October 15, 2009

Drama, nearly 7 and 5-year old style

Randy and I were able to attend my cousin, Jake's wedding this morning at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. It was such a good wedding! The sealer (person doing the marriage ceremony) had really good advice for them, which led to good advice for everyone there.

After pictures & visiting with family, Dixie and I picked our kids up from Jenny's (THANK YOU!!) and went to my Aunt Debra's house to wait for the luncheon. My parents and Kelsey w/ baby TJ were also there & I got to hold that nearly 4-week old chubby-ish baby. :)

Lander & Sydney

After lunch, the kids were running around outside. In the past, Lander and Sydney have talked about getting married, but we've told them that you can't marry your cousins. Sydney understands this, but Lander's love must run a bit deeper...he's having a hard time giving up on it. So the drama ensued when he came inside to talk to his mom. I'll have to paraphrase.

L: Mom, Sydney broke up with me. She's engaged to someone else.

A while later...

L: Sydney's engaged to another boy.
me: Was his name Jimmy or Broc?
L: No. He's outside. They're holding hands and dancing! (Crying ensues. Lander's heartbroken.)

My mom and I hurried outside to see the action. It was Kooper, my cousin's son. Kooper was quick to deny everything...too embarrassing! But they kept running around together. Later, Sydney told me that they kept having to move to different places so no one would bother them. Sweet, but maybe we need to have another talk?

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Keri, it's Kristen (one of your many other cousins). I linked to your blog from Audries, and I have to tell you this post cracked me up! My Gentry (who has been Koopers sidekick since birth) loves him like your little one does. They too are supposed to be getting married one day! I guess as long as your darling and mine don't find out about eachother, we'll continue to let our Koop be a ladies man! How funny!! :0)

Keri said...

Sonja told me that she'd have to fight Gentry for him!

Tammy said...

yikes, that is one boy crazy girl!! watch out for the teenage years

Vanessa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is about all I can do with situation!!

Nalene said...

It was so precious! Kooper is adorable too. They are all so inocent. This will make funny memories to embarrass them with in years down the road!

melanie said...

Well, atleast she is moving from a first cousin to a second cousin..