Monday, November 16, 2009

Bachelor Brother

In honor of my brother, Grant, who stopped by for a surprise visit this morning, I'm making a list of things you don't say to your sister.

Sydney, Uncle Grant, and Jenna

1. I've been in town for 3 days & now I'm headed home. I thought I'd stop by before I left. What, you've been in town the whole time and hadn't called me?!

(Don't worry, he and 3 of my other siblings forgot my birthday--and still haven't called nearly 2 weeks later--and had already been written out of my will, so this one didn't cost him anything new.)

2. Your house is much cleaner than the last time I was here. Keep in mind, this was in the midst of my weekend aftermath cleanup. Is my house that bad that he remembers it being WORSE?!

3. So, is this what you do? Stay home like this all day? Yes, it's wonderful at times, but please don't remind me!

Good thing I love you, Grant! :)

11 comments:

Jackson Family said...

Wow Keri, I'd agree 100% with that list, I wouldn't want any of those things said to me either! That's the one thing about family, we still love them no matter what.

Sandi said...

Ha ha, BOYS!

Nalene said...

And we wonder why he isn't married!!!

Bond Fam said...

hahahaha this sounds just like Grant, lol.

Koreena said...

Smack him! Smack him!

Merri Hackett said...

So have your siblings called you yet for your b-day?

ps confession I usually don't call my siblings on their b-days...sometimes they get an email. I am horrible on the phone.

Unknown said...

Guilty Party #1 Commenting:

Um...Happy Late Birthday...from the bad sister. Sorry. I knew I forgot about a week afterward but felt stupid so I didn't do anything about it. I'm not good with phone calls either...especially awkward ones like "Oh hey...didn't I forget something?"

Unknown said...

Also I don't always call or even stop by every time I go somewhere that family is...I got comment #3 too...but my house didn't even qualify for comment #2 lol.

Amanda said...

This cracks me up Keri....it sounds just like my little brother too.

Mindy said...

Sounds familiar. Aren't brothers wonderful?

Dixie said...

Hilarious post sis!