Sunday, February 20, 2011

Church ball is dangerous!

 This time, Randy didn't get injured...it was Sydney.

Randy took Sydney & Jenna with him to play ball Saturday morning.  The girls were playing on the stage at our new stake center with other kids.  An unknown girl got mad and slammed a classroom door--and Sydney's thumb just happened to be in the way.

 Shortly after it happened.  Her wonderful dad let her use his shirt to soak up the blood.

After the doctor cleaned it up a bit & numbed it.

She had to get it numbed twice because it took the doctor so long to get back to her.
X-rays confirmed that her thumb was not broken.


This is how it looked hours later.  The doctor had pulled her nail off, stitched up lacerations beneath her nail with about 6 or 7 stitches, and he then stitched her nail back on.  Crazy?!  Her nail will eventually fall off & a new one will grow in...hopefully normal looking.

9 comments:

Nalene said...

Oh, my gosh that is disgusting! Poor Sydney! At least her Dad got to be her hero!

Koreena said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That's so horrible! I hope she got ice cream or something afterward for going through all that! I had my nail fall off once after I had slammed it in a door. It took weeks (maybe months) before it fell off and by then a new one had started to grow as a replacement so it didn't look like it was ALL missing. Poor girl!!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm so sorry! I hate when things like that happen...especially to kids! :( hope it heals quickly & as painlessly as possible!

Jackson Family said...

sooo sad. and I agree--church ball is dangerous, Anthony got a pretty serious injury a few years back as well.

Merri Hackett said...

so crazy and so painful looking!!! ouch ouch ouch. my thumb hurts just looking at it.

Bond Fam said...

Ohh dear! Poor girl! I hope it doesn't hurt her too bad and that it heals up nicely!

Unknown said...

Ouch! That looks realllllly painful! What a trooper.

Are these her first stitches?

Cedric had to have his nail taken off and stitched under like that once too.

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh that is disgusting! Poor girl!

B said...

OH MY GOODNESS I cringe just looking at it =( I hope it heals soon!!!