Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jenna, oh, Jenna

I should be blogging about how my 2nd born is now 4 years old.  Okay, so that happened a month ago and we didn't do a whole lot on her birthday.  

But still, don't kids grow out of their 3-year old antics & become easier at 4?  At least that's what the parenting manual I read said.

During the past month, I spent no fewer than 10 days (most of them in a row) cleaning up major spills or messes from Jenna--some accidental and some not.  I'm just not sure what to do with this girl!

Wait, what's Jenna doing?  Considering she came out of my bedroom, where she had locked the door when she entered about 10 minutes ago, I think she might have something to hide...

Ummm, yeah...  I couldn't show the picture of her with a look of satisfaction on her face because I'm not up for showing a mostly naked child.  But believe me, she thought she was something special.  (And really, she is.)

  But then I walked into my room and saw THIS.  It sure is a good thing my meds were adjusted recently, because, surprisingly, I was able to maintain my composure.  

(I'm not sure where to draw the line between composure & making a scene so your child will remember it.  Considering I'm able to remain quite calm, I'm hoping that I'm still able to get a lesson across.)

She did suffer the consequence of not being able to go to a friend's birthday party later that day, as well as having to wait for the nail polish to wear off of her legs.  The little bit of polish remover I had was going to be used for the carpet & NOT her legs!

See how big this one spot is?  The polish had been left laying on it's side there.  It literally used many, many cotton balls to soak up what I could there.  After using polish remover and Chem Dry cleaner stuff, we still have pink carpet, although slightly lighter than pictured here.  Randy and I are just so grateful that it was in our bedroom and not downstairs in the living areas.

7 comments:

Jackson Family said...

wow, somedays-we just don't know what to do or think about our kids, do we?

Koreena said...

YIKES!!

Unknown said...

Our almost seven year old still messes in stuff. It is getting better as she gets older. I don't yelling makes it any better, I think your approach with consequences is the best method. Good luck, you really do such a good job!

Teri said...

Jenna, Jenna! Kara got some fingernail polish on my carpet, "Cherry Crush" color - I googled how to get it out and turns out shaving cream, rubbed into the carpet, then sprayed with windex(window cleaner not "multi- purpose") let it sit a bit and then blot with a wet cloth-- it all came out. I was amazed and a little worried about what was in men's shaving cream(I used gel) to get out fingernail polish.

Sandi said...

groan

Vanessa said...

Oh man what a gal! Justin's daughter had a similar experience and I tried cleaning it and gave up real quick!

Radene said...

Did you try oxyclean? or resolve? Good luck, Kids can drive you crazy sometimes. But of course we love them crazy too. My carter still gives me a run for my money and he's four, but it's fewer than when he was three...I think? good luck. Let me know when you figure it all out ;-)