Aside from the past few blog posts, I've been somewhat absent here on my blog. Okay, so maybe not as absent a few of my siblings or some others that haven't posted in six months to a year. (It is okay to stop following a blog after that point, right??)
So, here's why:
- I've been working on a family cookbook. Everyone sent me their recipes. I put them all in a document, formatted, got some help from my mom and sister-in-law, and got it ready for publication.
- I don't take the time to post very often. It seems to take so much effort to download pictures & type everything up. When I do take the time, I'll do multiple posts, then schedule them to publish every few days...like the posts previous to this & the ones that will follow.
- I haven't broken my camera out as much. Fewer pictures = fewer things that I need to share.
- I've also been working on a family history gift for a family member that's been in the works for oh, let's say...2 years! I need to finish it! Soon!
- I had my busiest tax season ever. Huge blessing! I still do monthly & quarterly accounting for a few clients, and have to keep on top of my accounting duties for Randy's business. Last week I went a record 5 days without working!!
- I have 3 kids. I'm doing my best to be a quality mom. My kids don't need a mom who is constantly on the computer. I'm still on it a lot, but I've made progress on being on it less and doing more with them. Oh, and I nurse a baby, which somehow can take chunks of time out of the day!
- I also started writing in my journal once again. I was a faithful journal writer from my teen years (possibly pre-teen?) until I met Randy! I've been hit-and-miss since then. However, in February, I decided that my life didn't need to be narrated by Facebook and blogging. I was typing "status updates" in my head as the day went along & was getting sick of it. I decided that if something was worthy of sharing, I should be putting it in my journal & not on Facebook. So, my journal has gotten beefier, and my sharing online was gotten skinner. Probably the way it should be for me. :)
And there you have it. I feel like scaling back a bit and not making my blog a top priority has given me more balance. And you know what, I'm truly happy with where my life is at right now. It's an imperfect work in progress, but one that I can be happy about.
4 comments:
You have been really busy! I use my blog as my journal really.. I have a few post that I don't publish because I (for obvious reasons) don't want to share everything with everyone. Those go in the book I print off though.
Im glad you're happy with how your life is going at the moment and hope everything continues to go well!
Hooray for a great Tax season. That is always a bonus!
I turned my comments off so I could stop checking the computer to see if anyone cared about me. hahahaha. I do like Heather and print my blog off at the end of each year. It has been so fun to look through those. It sure beats scrapbooking.
You are such a good example.
It looks like we have some girls, including Keri with some great ideas! You are all wonderful!
i feel the same way about blogging. sometimes i have so many other things going on. family first.
Post a Comment