Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One project finally finished!!

When we found out Bryn was a girl, I decided that I wanted some new bedding & decorations for her.  I was tired of the pink & green that we had decorated with.  I looked at some expensive bedding & decided to give it a go myself.  (Who knows if I saved myself any money, but with all I did, I think so.)

It took me forever to finish all of it.  Probably because I didn't use any patterns...I just thought it all up in my head & looked at examples.  I also tend to have several major projects going on at one time.  

I had to set Bryn down to take the picture, but she's a little sad about it.  :(

This is the crib bumper I made.  I loved the white backed fabric, but after I bought it what was in the store, I could never find it again.  So, I had to improvise and use another coordinating fabric.  I saw a few examples of homemade bumpers online & wasn't impressed.  I was determined that mine would not look like them.  And, despite the imperfections, I think it actually looks really good.

I made the crib skirt, too, but you can't really see the fabric well.  (See the very last picture in the post for a good look at the fabric.)  I'm a little worried that I used too many patterned fabrics in the room, but oh, well.  The skirt was really easy to do & turned out really nicely, as well.

Want some of these?  A renowned artist made them especially for Bryn.  Okay, it was really me.  Aren't I just so darn talented?!  I think I can squeak out some creativity every 5 years or so.  I'd actually love to draw & color a bigger picture to hang in her room, but I've yet to find a plain brushed nickel frame that I like & that's inexpensive.

I had these shelves before.  I simply sewed purple ribbon over the multi-colored rick-rack.

A friend also gave me the quilted fabric & the soft fabric backing, so I made two blankets.  The one hanging above, and one for Bryn to use.

This is the curtain fabric.  I couldn't get a good shot of it from a distance, so up close it is.

These are the curtains with blackout fabric on the back.  I had actually finished the curtains before Bryn was born, but I had them hung too low & hadn't made the valance.  (The valance & the crib bumper were my last two projects that I finished about a week ago.)

This is the guest bed.  Nothing too special.  I bought some lilac pillow cases to coordinate with the white/cream sheets.  And I made the smaller throw pillows.

This is the same fabric that backed the quilts I made.  They're kinda' lumpy because I used the batting from 2 throw pillows from mine & Randy's old bedding.  I'm proud that I was able to be thrifty!

And lastly, I made these pillow covers.  Again, I used old pillows & just made these new covers.  They were so easy to whip up one evening.  (This is the same fabric as the crib skirt, too.)

So, Bryn's room may not be the cutest room ever, but I'm pretty darn proud of what I accomplished!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks wonderful! What an accomplishment :-) I think it's all very impressive, especially for not using any patterns!

Sandi said...

I really like the skirt/pillow fabric! Also, the white and purple on the bumper is darling. It looks like it came from Pottery Barn!

Duffey said...

Wow! Looks great! I love purple!

Unknown said...

Turned out really good! You are so crafty.

Vanessa said...

Super talented you are. Amazing!

Nalene said...

I have seen it first hand and it is awesome! You have done a great job!!!

Anonymous said...

that's so great! Katherine saw the pictures you drew and said, "I want some of those for MY wall!"

Lara said...

I think the whole thing is pretty darn cute! Purple is my favorite color and I like lots of patterned fabrics together - it gives it a shabby chic look, which I love! Way to go!

Rolyndia said...

You did awesome on it all. It looks great!

Nicole said...

SUPER CUTE!!! look at you go!! that's awesome! and i love it when there are lots of patterns that all coordinate well! and i'm totally impressed that you can draw and paint too!!! how cool!! seriously cute stuff!!

Sandi said...

I can now personally vouch for the cuteness of this room--thanks for letting us stay there!