On Saturday, I spent the day at "home" while Randy, Wes, and Dan (our friends/neighbors from home) went to the BYU/Notre Dame game in South Bend, IN.
They enjoyed touring the campus before the game. They said it was really, really neat.
The game was actually a good competition!
On Sunday, we all attended church again and then finished the evening off with dinner and games.
Randy and the guys spent most of Monday in downtown Chicago while I did laundry and packed us up.
That evening, they topped their experience off by going to an NFL Monday Night Football game. The watched the Bears vs. the Lions. The Lions happen to be Wes' favorite team, so it worked out perfectly to have them playing in Chicago just two days after the BYU game.
It had rained most of the day, but the weather for the game was perfect. As soon as they left, it started pouring again.
I had the car all packed up on Monday night, so we got up on Tuesday, ate breakfast, and were on the road around 8am. Our drive was uneventful. The girls traveled amazingly well...we couldn't have asked for better.
I had planned for us to stop somewhere in western Nebraska or in Cheyenne, WY for the night, but Randy wanted to just get home. We took it town by town. I stay up pretty late at night, so I figured I would be good for a while. We encountered snow from Rawlins, WY off and on until Park City, UT. I sometimes felt like I was in the twilight zone with the snow flying. We ended up rolling into our place at 4:30am, with 4 of us being awake for the last hour. We promptly got the kids into bed and crawled into ours at 5am...just in time for 3 hours of sleep before the kids woke up again.
I'd say this was our best family vacation ever.
2 comments:
Late night driving in a snow storm IS kinda like the Twilight Zone! It's just surreal.
Your whole vacation sounded wonderful! I always think I'd like a road trip. Kevin thinks otherwise :) So glad you guys had so much fun!
Post a Comment