Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The rest of Day 8: Pumpkin farm

The next afternoon was spent at the Bengston Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, IL.  Grandma stayed home with Bryn while she napped, and we brought my nephew, Travis, along.

Randy was hesitant to take a picture of us.  I'm not sure why.  But I do know what he should get me for Christmas after seeing myself look like that!

The kids LOVED the corn pit!


These characters were creepy to the kids as the tandem bike's wheels really were turning.

We took the kids through the Haunted Barn, but I had a 5-year old and 3-year old clinging to me the whole time.  I may have scarred Travis for life.  At least we got to take pictures of happier things after that.

I don't have a picture of it, but we really enjoyed watching the pig races. Sydney was even chosen to cheer for one of them.  Unfortunately, her pig didn't win her the prize, but it was still fun!

Everyone needs to sit in a giant rocking chair once in the lives, right?

Even us big kids.

We really did have a fun time there.  There were a handful of carnival type rides, too.  Sydney and I rode on one ride together that was similar to the spinning teacups at Disneyland.  We got ourselves spinning insanely fast--I have never been more dizzy in my life!!  It seriously took at least 5 minutes to wear off of me.

The pumpkin farm was the girls' favorite activity of the trip.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

That rocker is cool!

Dixie said...

that looks like a really cool place!

Dixie said...

P.S. I seriously just freaked Jake out because I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of you & Randy.