to this:
Since the girls already share a room, I took the crib down today. That will remove the hazard of Jenna climbing out at will. We will still have the problem of her coming out of her room whenever she wants, but we'll work on that.
Only 2 questions remain. 1. Will we all survive the next few weeks of naptime & bedtime? and 2. Should I used this opportunity to also get rid of Jenna's pacifier? It seems a bit cruel, but I also wonder if taking it away now will eliminate a second week of heck (if we decide to do it later). Any thoughts?
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Oh, the changes we have to make...
If you follow me on Twitter, you'll see that we had a problem last night. And the past few mornings. Jenna immediately climbs out of her crib as soon as we close her bedroom door. And then she opens her door and comes out. And she did that over and over again last night. And this morning she was up again at 6am. Have I ever mentioned (and if you're family you'll know this all too well) that I don't function well on too little sleep? Yeah, I get really grumpy. And I need a nap. So, we've decided to make a few changes around here. We went from this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Awwww!! That bed is dang cute! I say rip that binki right out of her mouth! hahahha, Okay don't rip it, call me cruel! If you don't do it know it will be so much harder in the long run!
Bye Bye Binkie!
The room sure looks cute. I personally am a fan of one transition at a time...but I can see just wanting to get the whole thing over with.
I do not know what to tell you. Ana has been in a big girl bed for 3 months now and I still have to lay by her until she is asleep or she'll climb out. Maybe with sydney in there it will help with that. It might help to talk to her about being a big girl and get rid of the binky now, but my kids never got attatched to one (not that I didn't try) so I haven't had to take one away yet. Cute bed spread. GOOD LUCK!
I have heard that you shouldn't try to take a binki away if there are other major changes going on at the same time. However if you wait too long then it will just be worse so if you think she can handle both changes at the same time then go for it! When we took Broc's away we just put them all up where he couldn't see them and told him that binki went bye bye and he was cool with it. Hopefully it is a super easy process right?!
I got lucky with Alex and bedtime, but Nathan was (and still is) horrible at bedtime! So I can't help you there. But very cute blog background!
-Kristie
No thoughts. Just sympathy. :)
blech...... that's something I sure don't miss!!!! Trust me, they outgrow it and you'll eventually forget that kids even do that. It'll just be a while........
Have you considered no more naps????
get rid of the binkie now. Don't go through a second week of an upset jenna if you don't have to. in the end you will be glad you did.
Post a Comment