Yes, we began and ended in the daylight.
3 streets and we were done!
(Is it sad that we didn't even do our own street?)
Disclaimer/Soapbox: I do not like to spend money on costumes. Therefore, my children will have to experience childhood as I did & wear whatever we can find around the house. I still think they're cute & I don't feel bad about unnecessarily spending money on something that will only be worn a few times, at best. And Sydney, the ballerina, had to wear jeans because it was a bit chilly outside. Who wants to wear tights outside in October?
10 comments:
That sounds like a fun Halloween tradition. You would really have to use your creativity to use what you already had!
they look cute, way to be thrifty and ingenious though I don't know if I could be creative enough year after year. But growing up we had a huge Halloween box and we just came up with something out of the box or around the house. One year I found a hug box and cut out circles for my head and arms and made it into a dice.
I totally agree about spending money on costumes, it is sooooo not worth it! They look great by the way!
We have a huge dressup box and that is where the kids costumes come from. I pick them up at garage sales....and after Halloween when they are 75 percent off. And a lot of times they are given to us. I second the not spending money on costumes.
Your girls look cute, and yay for not spending money on costumes!
They do look adorable! I would have never known you didn't buy real costumes...but look who is talking...Mother of the Halloween thrift queen!
Love the costumes, great hat! I agree, I am not one to spend a fortune on Halloween. :)
They look great! I think homemade costumes are the best. You have to get creative!
I hear you on that. emma i got her a plaid shirt that she can now wear to school, and i got her a 2 dollar cowgirl hat. lily was stuff around the house, an old dance outfit and carson borrowed his tiger outfit.
I think they look great! Homemade costumes are so much better than store-bought ones! I love the jeans!
Post a Comment