Jenna commonly crawls into our bed to sleep next to me. Although I don't like it, I'm usually too tired to care at that point. I usually let her fall back asleep & then take her back to her own bed when I need to use the restroom.
So, last night was one of those nights. I woke up around 12:30am & crawled over her to get to my bathroom. It was then that I noticed my back was wet. Was she really that sweaty? I felt her underwear...and it was wet. My lamp revealed a huge wet spot on my bed. I had to change clothes & then change her. Of course, she was so tired that she had no idea that any of this was going on.
I turned off my alarm clock, put her in her own bed & took my pillows to the guest bed. A few hours later, I was awake again needing to use the restroom. I could hear Randy walking around, wondering why I wasn't in bed with him. I was able to tell him what was going on when he peeked into the guest room.
Fast forward a few hours...Randy was gone to the cannery to help can peaches. I didn't have a clock in my room, but I could hear the girls awake. They wondered where Randy and I were, but then found me in the guest bed. I had Sydney check and tell me what time it was--8:15am. We had planned to leave to walk her to school at that exact time. (It's "Walk to School Day".) I hurriedly got dressed, did her hair & fed her some cereal. We drove about 2/3 of the way to the school, parked, and walked the rest of the way. Whew, we made it & she wasn't late.
Oh, and by the way, I can assure you that you don't need to experience a child wetting in your bed for yourself. It's gross. After Jenna throwing up in my bed a few weeks ago, I'm beginning to wonder if she's out to get me...
6 comments:
At least you walked Sydney to school on 'walk to school day' right? At least you have an extra bed you can go to at night right? I think if I was in your situation I would be pretty irritable/upset
I've had that happen several times...and it is NOT fun!
I've had that happen before too...not fun at all, I agree!
It's probably pay back when I woke up in the same situation from a child who wet on me...maybe it was even you!
ewwww
I admire you for walking her some of the way to school, I probably would have bagged it!
I laughed and said gross at the same time. Feel for you!
Post a Comment