Friday, September 17, 2010

Say Hello!

A few of you may not know, but last week I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

So, I must introduce you to a few of my new friends.  (Actually, Sugar-free Jello and I were already acquaintances, but we now may be BFF's.)  
$200+ later, I'm still not sure that the test strips are my friends, however.  But, I actually don't mind the 6-times-a-day finger pricks.  They're not bad at all.
After a few days of monitoring, my blood sugar levels are doing well.  Let's just hope it stays this way!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm.. Jello sounds yummy! Good thing for modern medicine that can detect things like gestational diabetes before it becomes a problem.

Janell said...

You're brave! Good to hear things are looking better :)

Kaleb and Abby Widmier said...

So sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes. Another big sacrifice for the babies in your life...huh? Glad to hear that monitoring is under control. Hang in there! Good luck!!!

Jen Gallacher said...

Did you know they have low-sugar Peanut Butter Cups? Yep. Awesome! Check out the Atkins aisle at Walmart or Macey's.

Grossarths said...

I'm due Feb. 16th, but we'll see if that really happens! Sorry to hear about your gestational diabetes! No fun. But it sounds like you are finding enough foods to make the rest of your pregnancy pleasant! Your girls are darling by the way.

Sandi said...

boo!