While I was out running errands I missed 3 tax phone calls. I got 2 more phone calls after I returned. I already completed quite a few returns last week & have more in process. I don't like being busy in general, but love that I'm busy with my business!
The girls and I made Pumpkin Creme Pies this evening. (As I avoided tax and accounting work & attempted to spend time with my children.) We planned to take them to neighbors, but then the wind began. I didn't dare go out on the wind, let alone take my 3 kids, so I suppose we'll have to eat them all now. As good as they are, I didn't want to keep them all!
The wind was making our house moan and it blew me and our trash cans over as I attempted to take them to the curb. I ended up leaving one trash can blown over at the curb & brought one back inside the garage. Randy can take them out later tonight or tomorrow, I guess.
Sydney and Jenna cannot leave Bryn alone. Sydney constantly kisses on her (& sometimes drives me crazy with it). I have caught Jenna hanging Bryn by her feet the past few days. No telling what impact all of this will have on Bryn later on in life!
I'm trying to figure out what to do with Sydney's anger lately. She'll slap Jenna across the face if she gets mad or scream and yell at me in an attempt to get what she wants. She even choked Jenna today & it's not the first time. I definitely need divine inspiration to know how to help her.
Randy was away from home 3 evenings last week. He got home late tonight. I know some of you have your husband gone much, much more, but in my busy circumstances, I sure would like him home to help more at night!
5 comments:
I love the pictures of the girls.. It seems like Bryn is good natured enough to take what her older sisters give her!
I don't have any advice for you with Sydneys anger problems.. maybe try to show her how to express her anger in other ways??
And I definitely know the stress of not having the hubby home to help. For me sometimes it helps to just go in a different room from the kids and have a good cry out, sounds pathetic but it really releases some of the built up stress!
Ah, some days you just feel it. I don't have any advice on Sydney either, but if you need a good laugh you should read this hilarious post by a gal I know. http://welcometotowerland.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-spectacular-flop-as-mother-yesterday.html
I don't like the wind one bit...good for nothing in my book. Sydney and Jenna really love their sister don't they. It will just make Bryn tough, right!!!!
Gotta love Tax season.
Don't feel bad we are right there with you. Sophie is doing the exact same things to liam & screaming at me too. Doesn't surprise me my mom always said I would get kids like me & I did. We have been just sendinh her to her room. My sister said that we shouldn't take away the kids ability to express their feelings but we can control the environment that they do it in. So when sophie starts screaming or acting up I tell her to go to her room & get it out & come back when she is ready to be a big girl. If she won't stay in her room we lock the door as we have turned the handles around so we can lock it from the outside. Hope this helps!
oh my goodness! If I were you I would start taking things away from Sydney that she wants or likes until she can behave. If she hits, she has to play alone. If she screams at you she has to sit in the corner or bathroom by herself for 6-10 minutes since she is old enough. Each scream would mean 5 extra minutes for my kids. I would also start taking away her toys and hiding them or throwing them out if you want. When my kids start freaking out I will start counting, "Oops, there goes one toy. Uh oh, there goes two toys." Then I make them pick it out and bring it to me. If its a junky toy sometimes I make them go get me a better toy because that one is too old to be used as payment for their behavior. Sounds like a tough spot! Oh and personally, one slap, warrants a slap right back. They gotta know what they are dishing out right?? :)
Being busy is good and bad, right?!!
Post a Comment