Do you think my stake leaders got my age mixed up? I'm 27, not 72. That being said, I have been called, sustained, and set apart as...a Stake Extraction Worker! Kinda funny because I always picture this being and "old person" calling. I don't know what I'll be doing yet, if it's just going to be continuing my
indexing work, or if it will be something more. I'm actually excited, but I just thought you all needed a good chuckle today.
9 comments:
Laura and I were extraction workers in our old ward. Actually, we were the extraction directors, which meant we had to assign packets and collect the work when it was done, then assigne it out again to be reviewed. In other words, everything had to be done twice. And what didn't get done, Laura and I had to do. Count your blessings, girl! LOL
Jack P.
Thats kinda funny that you saw it being an older person calling... there were a few talks today in our stake conference that mentioned that they thought it was an 'older person' thing to do. Our stake has a goal of doing 500,000 names before the dedication of the temple here and today they said they had around 450,000 done!! And our stake doesn't have old people in it.. so its kind of the new thing to do! you'll have fun with it!
You'll have fun...I was an extraction worker several times in the past, and I hear they've changed the process. You'll have to let us know how they've updated it.
Sounds cool! That is funny though. I agree that it sounds like an "old person" calling :) Maybe it's because they usually don't have that calling in the singles wards.
Isnt that what grandma did at the Old Kirtland Building for alot of years?
That's right, Tiff. Grandma did extraction work from Mexico. That's probably why it seems like it's for old people. Of course, I am a bit of an oddity since I LOVE family history at this ripe young age!
You and Ben can both join the old folks home. he was set apart as a High Priest last Sunday. Sounds like fun.
Amber
he is the Stake Clerk. But they still haven't released him from the Elder's Quorum Presidency. Busy guy.
old person calling or not, you'll be awesome at it! Let me know how you like it.
Post a Comment