Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy birthday to me!

In honor of my 27th birthday today, I just wanted to share 27 random things about me that you probably don't know. Happy reading!

1. I was named after my grandma, Elaine, because I was born on her birthday. I would have been named Keri Suzanne. Both are cute names.
2. I grew up with lots of horses, but have always been afraid of them. Thank goodness for older sisters and younger brothers who took care of them!
3. I grew up in a trailer that was added onto with another trailer that was later added onto again and modified to be a home.
4. I used to hunt lizards with my sisters and cousins when I was younger.
5. My sisters and I went tubing down an irrigation ditch the same summer that my cousin drowned in the ditch. Scary!!! (Now that I think of it, I don’t know HOW my mom let us do it!)
6. I was accepted to BYU (with scholarships) twice, but both times opted to go to & stay at Ricks College/BYU-Idaho.
7. I have never dyed my hair.
8. I had my first boyfriend & kiss at age 20.
9. I did not marry the only man who has proposed to me.
10. I was married less than a year after being proposed to by someone else. And I had another boyfriend in between that.
11. I hated Calculus. It was my first B in college. Didn’t end up even needing calculus as part of my major.
12. I never opened presents on Christmas morning growing up. Until I was married, I always opened presents on Christmas Eve.
13. I never believed in Santa Claus. Don’t know if I’ll teach my kids to believe in Santa, either.
14. My first pair of contacts was green tinted. Loved them.
15. I was not allowed to have a job in high school. My job was to get good grades. It paid off, since I got some good scholarships.
16. I don’t like cats…at all.
17. I had such a good experience giving birth this last time that I feel like I could do it for a living. It was that good!
18. I love cross country skiing.
19. I consider myself neither a morning person nor a night owl. I really wish I was a morning person, though.
20. I would talk to my mom on the phone all day if I could.
21. I enjoy folding laundry. I enjoy weeding even more.
22. My closets are organized—always.
23. I faithfully wrote my brothers each week on their missions.
24. I’m the only one in Randy’s family without blue eyes.
25. I have over 75 (1st) cousins. 14 of them are what I would consider the same age as me. I could name all 75+ at any given moment.
26. I had 17 different roommates at college. I was the first one married out of all of them.
27. I thought I was fat when I weighed 112 lbs…Now 112 lbs is a dream!

17 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Keri, happy birthday to you!!!!!! I didn't realize we are so close in age. I celebrated my on the 27th of October. Blog to you soon.

Unknown said...

Randy didn't propose? How did that work out?

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Happy birthday! I didn't know you had so many cousins. Cool. I have a lot too - it's super fun eh? I feel very sorry for those people who can count their cousins on one hand

Tiffany said...

How did i not know about suzanne? I love hearing things like this, I actually didnt know we had 75 1st, is that counting wimmers? I know about 55 farnsy's. Hope yesterday was good. O i have some laundry to fold, its my b day present to you

Heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish I had known the day of...sorry! What cool and interesting tidbits of info!

Tammy said...

HOLY COW! 75+ and 14 of them are your age? Does that mean within one year older to one year younger? how many aunts and uncles do you have? Do they all live close to you, or when you grow up? HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY!!

Keri said...

Tammy--I grew up nearby to most of my cousins. My dad has 11 living siblings, and my mom has 4. Yeah those 14 cousins are all within a year or so of my birth (give or take a few months.) Some of those cousins were my best friends growing up.

Tiff--I think I've helped you fold your laundry a time or two. How about I help out in a few weeks, okay.

Kels--No, he didn't propose! He just held my hands behind my back and put the ring on...then wouldn't let me look at it! He SAYS I proposed (when I said, so when are we going to get married--as in a time frame), but I didn't. We're pretty unique, I guess.

Dixie said...

okay Ms. Smartypants. What about 1st cousins once removed? 2nd cousins???

Unknown said...

You and I have similar proposal storys.. except yours actually put it on your hand while mine kinda just handed it to me. Its intersting though b/c he proposed on your b-day to me..
Anyways, it was interesting reading all those things about you!! I get to learn more about you all the time, its great!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday. Thanks for sharing those fun facts about you. It is fun to get to know the "real" you!

ollie said...

Happy Birthday my love!!! 27 yrs old.... you're on your way to being an old fart! Congrats!

Keri said...

Oh, Ollie, you're not too far behind! Only 6 more months or so!

Candace said...

happy, happy birthday keri dear!

75 cousins....that's insane.
dylan's family does christmas eve too.
& i totally know what you mean about thinking you were fat when you were younger....i did the same thing. danggit!!! why didn't i enjoy it?

hope you had a great birthday.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Keri. That was fun to read all that stuff about you! I love cross country sking too, why didn't we ever go at Ricks together? I took the cross country skiing class up there.

27...Your getting old lady! (I guess I'm not too far behind, my bday's in Jan.) The other day Anthony asked me how we knew each other, I told him we were roomates at Ricks. Then, I got thinking about it, we never were!

Oh, and I'd love to be the size I was when I was younger when I thought I was fat. (Do you remember that picture we all got at Ricks pointing at our booties? I came across it the other day. I'd love to have that bootie!)

amanda said...

ris that bad i want to tell my girls love your weight cause you'll get bigger when your older and think about how skinny you were back then. so explain #10 to me. what? oh yeah, happy birthday hope you get to do and get something fun.

Janae said...

Keri, tell me about how easy your labor was?!! Was it fast and pain free or something? I want to hear all the details. Maybe I'll pay you to give birth for me next time. : )

jensonje@gmail.com said...

Spooky. Keri I had no idea how much we are alike. Amen to cats! I have been on blogger break/family vacation but it is fun to be back and catch up. Happy birthday! Oh ya, tell me more about no Santa, Christmas Eve gift opening. I'd love to know more.