Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Note from my green eyes

Dear Keri,

Can you please take better care of us? We recognize you were so excited about changing to a new pair of contacts last night that you forgot to take the old pair out. You didn't even notice when you put your glasses on that we were straining. I guess I can let you go on that one...You were rocking a baby to sleep late at night. But this morning, didn't you notice that you still had your contacts in? The hard part for us was when you decided to put your new contacts in on top of your old ones. We could see your confusion as you tried to figure out what was wrong with your vision--what it one of us or both? why did the contacts seem so blue? Funny thing is, you managed to take one contact out, inspect it, and put it right back in. We were sure glad when you decided to take your contacts out once and for all and realized the mistake. Thank you for giving us a break today by wearing your glasses. We needed it!

Sincerely,
Your Green Eyes

14 comments:

Unknown said...

That is extreamly funny... I don't think that I have ever or will ever make that mistake!! I usually can tell when I wake up with my contacts in. For me, the clue usually is that I can see!! haha, Im not making fun, I think that is jsut really funny

Tiffany said...

That is so funny. I love the way you wrote it, thats my style. Glad to see you on. Have a good day
heart you
tif

Keri said...

Heather, I don't think I've ever slept overnight in my contacts before. Normally I, too, can tell when I wake up. I was up late in the dark with Jenna, so I didn't notice, then this morning I got straight in the shower and didn't think about needing my glasses. I was too tired. Yeah, it is funny.

Mike and Amanda said...

I can't believe you did that keri. i bet that if you do it again you will figure it out really fast

Candace said...

ha ha

Amber said...

Too Cute!

ollie said...

LOL!!!

Janae said...

this was funny, but probably awful for you! I love the way you wrote it. Hope your eyes feel better.

Dixie said...

I'm still a bit freaked out after seeing the picture...I will have to read the letter later!!! j-u-s-t kidding....at least you didn't swallow it!

Heather said...

I did something like that once....LOL Only I thought I hadn't taken them out. I was rubbing and poking and pulling and eventually scratched my eye so bad I HAD to wear my glasses for a week. You're not the only "goofy" one. :)

amanda said...

so i have contacts and totally understand. have you ever fallen asleep with them in and then they folded up in half and go up in your eye lid... well that has happen to me and that stinkens.. you never forget to take them out again.

Keri said...

Sorry that it creeped you out, Dix. I'm SURE you've seen worse from me!!!!

Tammy said...

Now that is funny!

jensonje@gmail.com said...

Hysteric! Motherhood brings out the best.