Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

I've been a bit of a Scrooge this year, but I'm finally getting into the spirit of the season. Candace and Amber inspired me to make this Christmas Jar.
I tried to get Sydney to help me make an advent paper chain, but she was more interested in watching Toy Story. She did help me for a minute, though. She likes to pretend it is a jump rope.

I also finished wrapping Christmas presents for the girls. Our Christmas will be very humble, but I kinda like it that way. I don't think Christmas needs to be anything crazy.

I even went into my crawl space to get out our Christmas tree, nativity, and other decorations. In the past, I have had real gingerbread men on my tree, but I tossed them out after last Christmas. I didn't remember this until I opened the ornament box this afternoon. My tree was going to look really sad with only a few gold & maroon ornaments. Sooo...I went to Kmart and got some cute Martha Stewart decorations. My tree still won't be complete this year, since I plan to make a tree skirt for it in the future. I really like the colors, and think I can work with them long-term. The theme that my ornaments go with uses holly berries and pine cones. I figure I can also make some of that stuff on my own for cheaper than $2.24 each, so that's also on my to do list for the future. Of course, there were plenty more things I liked from the collection, but I can't have it all...Umm, yeah, I shouldn't even have been out buying these... But I've had fun today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes a little splurge (like Christmas decorations) can go a long way into having a good day. I love decorating for Christmas, it always just makes me happy!

amanda said...

love it and love the other pictures of jenna in the suitcase. and that pot pie looks good.

Rachel said...

I like your Christmas jar. What's in it? It's so much fun getting ready for Christmas isn't it?

Keri said...

Rach--In the jar, I have written (on wrapping paper) 25 different activities I can do with my girls or with our family to celebrate Christmas. The object is to draw one each day and then do it.