Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Christmas Tale

There is a family that has many children. Growing up, money was typically tight, and Christmas time was no exception. The parents always sacrificed to give gifts and did the best they could. Christmas gifts were ample, but never overboard. One year, circumstances were especially tough, and there was no money for groceries and bills, let alone Christmas. Good friends from a distant place recognized a need. They organized others who knew this large family and brought not only Christmas gifts for all, but also decorations and dinner, too. This family was incredibly grateful. It was the best Christmas they ever had. This act of service has led this family to be especially mindful of those in need during the Christmas season.

Now, the years have gone on, and the children are beginning families of their own. Still, this tradition of helping those in need has continued. This particular Christmas, another one of their own was in need. A surprise effort was organized. Not only would this large extended family provide gifts and ingredients for a Christmas dinner, but they would provide another home-cooked meal, tons of groceries, money, and the best Christmas this sibling’s family will likely ever have.

Fellow bloggers, I am that sibling. There is no way that I could pretend that our Christmas would have been anything without my family. They have sacrificed a lot to make it a wonderful time for us—and wonderful it was. It has been extremely humbling to be helped like this. Even more so, it makes me want to give more when I do have the means. I am truly grateful for the wonderful and generous parents that I have who taught us so well. I am truly grateful for my siblings and their families for the thought, energy, and sacrifices they made for my family. With all my heart, thank you! Thanks to all our other friends and family who have also been so generous and loving towards us. Your support is immeasurable.




Sydney loves her new dress up clothes! She's been wearing them every day since Chrismas!

6 comments:

ollie said...

what a beautiful post! Thanks so much for Sharing Keri... sometimes I think we all need a reminder of how lucky we are to have love and support from family and friends.

Emily said...

What a great blog. I am tearing up and have the shivers right now. Families are so great. What a blessing to help each other.

amanda said...

sounds like you had such a good one. how fun.

Janae said...

That was our Christmas this year, too. We didn't know how we'd even pay the bills and yet the blessings poured in. I'm so glad your family was in tune to your needs! (And glad you're blogging again!)

Heather said...

Looks like a super fun Christmas! I enjoyed your blog and I can't wait to read more about what's going on at your house!

Merri Hackett said...

Family is the best!