Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Small, but growing

Jenna had her 9-month checkup this week. Here are a few stats & things I want to share about her. I just noticed that Jenna's eye is crossed in the above picture...I think it's because she was so close to the camera & was looking at it. Her eye is normally not like that.

*Weighs 15 lbs, 13oz and is 26 1/4 inches tall. This puts her in the 10% for weight, and 20% for height. Her head is in the 5%. (For those wanting a comparison, Sydney was 13 lbs, 1 oz. and 24 3/4 inches tall at this age.)
*Makes a b-line for any electrical cord. Also loves trash cans & potted plants. She is extremely curious and doesn't hold still.
*Has started walking along furniture this past week.
*Loves to eat. If we're eating anything, she wants some of it.
*Can't quite leave our Christmas tree alone. Thank goodness for plastic ornaments! She does do pretty well when I tell her "no".
*Loves to play with Sydney or just be playing in the same room as her.
*Is cutting more teeth. She gets pretty miserable, especially around bedtime.
*Has a 7am biological alarm clock...too early for mom!


Sorry about the backlighting on this one. I didn't have my camera set right, and as soon as I did, she came crawling toward me.

8 comments:

Walling Family said...

She is so cute! Love her smile!

Unknown said...

mandy and abbie won't leave the tree alone either....it's turned out that since i put all the decorations back on that they take off, the bottom 2 or 3 feet of the tree is pretty bare :) This was a neat post. I enjoyed it! Sweet jenna is getting so big!

Heather said...

Growing up...she's so cute!

ollie said...

man, she looks so much like you! I would love to see a baby picture comparison of the two of you!

Candace said...

she doesn't seem that small in the pictures. she's cute!

do you think she'll be walking soon? when did sydney start walking?

Unknown said...

Shes getting so cute!! Will we still be able to come the 22, spend the night at your house and cook you dinner and visit your wonderful family??

Rachel said...

she's so darned cute!

Tammy said...

Cute shots. I can't believe that she is small for her age, I guess I never really noticed. Brighton and the rest of my kids are right there with her. Sydney must have been in the 1% for that age. I am surprised that she is climbing up so well too!