I may just be hungry, but man, this Mexican Lasagna over on Pioneer Woman looks GOOD!!
In other news... Jenna simply cracks me up! Everytime we're in the front yard, she will pick strawberries while I have my back turned. A few days ago, she had her hands full with 4 not-fully-ripe berries that she had picked. This morning, we made it inside before I realized she had picked one & had it in her hands. And boy, did she get mad when I threw it away! But really, partially ripe strawberries can't taste great, can they? Strawberry update: Jenna has now picked 5, no, make that 6 strawberries today. If she keeps this up, we won't have any ripe ones to eat!
And last, but not least, I'm thinking that canning is starting to be easy! I think it's kinda like baking bread...the more you do it, the easier (and less daunting) it becomes. I just pulled 4 more pints of diced tomatoes out of the water bath. I'm sure I'll have many more to come, but I'm liking it!
7 comments:
I saw this recipe this morning and thought yum. DO you have a good Salsa Verde recipe since we don't have a trader joes here?
Ooh, that does look good. I must try sometime!
Oh, it looks so yummy! Kourtney keeps picking unripe tomatoes and peppers and eating them. Yuck! And if we lived closer to each other, I would be hitting you up for canning lessons. I really need to learn how to.
so jealous that you can do canning from your own garden!!! I am loving all the giveaways so let me know if you need a friend to take some off your hands. I can't believe you still have strawberries too!
Hey Keri, this is Ashley and it's been great to see your blog as well. I've known Randy since we started first grade together so it was nice to catch up with him and see his beautiful family. Your girls are precious!
Keri, I do have to let you in on a little secret....I prefer my strawberries with a little white still on them, I eat green apricots & plums. They are more sour that way and I have ALWAYS liked them!! :) Maybe Sidney just has really good taste :)
Sounds like Jenna picks the strawberries as fast as they are growing!
Post a Comment