Saturday, September 27, 2008
Stewart Falls
Today, our little family took a hike to Stewart Falls. It was 1.75 miles to the falls. After a picnic lunch, we took a different trail back, which took us to Sundance. That trail was 1.5 miles, so we hiked a total of 3.25 miles today. It was a nice hike, although it was a bit hot. We started on the trail around 10:45am. If we do it again, we'll have to do it earlier in the day. Sydney is my hero. She walked the entire way & never complained or asked for us to carry her, or anything. She amazes me! We did have a few trips and slips. I slid on some rocks going down a hill & fell. I'm a bit bruised from it. Sydney tripped over a few tree roots & also slid a few times--more so as we got toward the end, probably because she was tired. Randy was also my hero as he carried Jenna on his back the entire time. Jenna loved it and even snuck in a nap. All in all, it was a great, photoless day. What? You think we would actually take our camera out for a picture??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How fun. I want to do that. There is no way Bri would even walk 1/4 of the way.
It's such a nice hike isn't it? It's a good length and the scenery is so nice!
That is one of my favorite hikes in that part of town :) I miss knowing all the good hiking spots, I need to do my research on hikes up here in Davis County
Sounds really nice, I'm not big on hiking...but maybe I could do that one. My husband would love it...although it will be a while before I'm hiking ready again!
Ack! . . . I like the Fall look, but change the font color please! It is hard to read dark gray.
Is this better, Sandi?
That sounds like a wonderful day!
I love Autumn time and how beautiful it is. Glad you had an enjoyable time.
Post a Comment