Monday, January 19, 2009

Cough, cough, cough

Oh, isn't it beautiful? Too bad what you see is neither snow, nor frost, nor fog. It's smog & smogcicles on my tree! We've had a horrible inversion this past week & will continue to have it this week. The air is horrible & we're all having sinus problems here at our house. Although it looks pretty in the morning, just knowing what it is makes me sick. Wind, please hurry our way!!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

i thought it was so pretty. the inversion thing hadn't even crossed my mind...but you're right...that's kind of gross. oh well! sf winds are kind of a blessing after all then, huh? not just ghosts outside the windows who knock down trees! haha!

Unknown said...

Its pretty.. but the fact that its smog makes it gross at the same time..

Nalene said...

Isn't that amazing!! I had no idea smog would free up, but I guess it mades sense if you think about it. Around here we pray for rain.

Vanessa said...

Wow! That is unbelievable!

Bond Fam said...

I know it is so yucky! I am not liking this nasty air at all!

Unknown said...

It was quite yucky yesterday. It just felt groady to even be outside.

Dustin and Angie said...

I can't believe it looks so pretty and is so gross at the same time.

Lara said...

It is so gross! We live up on a hill at the foothills of the mountains up in Layton and can look out into the entire valley. You can actually see the layer of smog just sitting over the valley. This morning I was commenting on how gross it was on our way to work. Jayson was confused for a second because he was thinking it was just cloud cover, but no, it was smog. He then agreed that it was completely disgusting. I hope that a "low pressure" system comes through soon, I think that is the one we want at least :)

Merri Hackett said...

The smog has been a bummer! Not enjoying it, but your pics are awesome.

Mel and Angus said...

Just finished my round of antibiotics for a sinus infection. Snortney is battling a terrible chest and head cold. I hate the inversion!