Thursday, January 8, 2009

Morning Update

Just a quick update on last night.

7pm ish--I put Jenna to bed in the girls' bed with her pacifier & left the door open (she stayed in better that way).
up until about 9pm--Jenna would come out & I'd go put her right back. I put Sydney to bed & closed the door.
A little while after 9pm--Jenna made several more attempts at coming out. After one final use of my stern voice, she stayed...and fell asleep!
2am--My little wanderer came into our room.
up until 3am--She tried Dad several times. He was so tired that I had to remind him to promptly take her back to bed. Multiple times back into our room. Stern voice didn't work. Locked their door with our magical bat. Heard Sydney crying. Jenna had been crawling all over her and woke her up. More stern voice & pat on the bottom. Locked door again.
7:45am--Sydney called out to me to come open their door.

Now, it may not have been perfect, but I would call this a success!

6 comments:

Gasaway Family said...

I hope you get to take a nap today. I can empathize all too well with you. I finally put a child lock on the inside of Daylen's door so he can't get out. It really helped. I say, if your nerves can handle it, take the binki away now.

Unknown said...

Poor Sydney!! Poor parents! I hope it gets easier for everyone.

The Bundrocks said...

I am right there with you Keri! I'm trying to get Emma to take a nap in her bed cause Cambry is in the crib taking her day nap because she spent most of the night up. I think I am going to have to change the lock to the outside of the door and hope that she doesn't wreck her room in the meantime. Good luck to us both!

Maren said...

Good luck! I hated that stage with Conner, he hasn't been a good sleeper since we took him out of the crib.

Merri Hackett said...

We are SOO glad Carson hasn't climbed out of his crib yet! :)

Bond Fam said...

I just feel like the bedtime thing is something that is neverending, although I hope it isnt! I feel like once I get Broc doing good, something happens that messes him up and then we have to start all over again. Having Brian home and then leaving sporadically seems to mess Broc up big time for some reason! It drives me crazy! Good for you though for sticking to your guns about the bed thing, I fully realize how very hard that is, especially when you are half asleep!