Thursday, October 1, 2009

...Jenna, Oh My!

Randy has a new nickname for Jenna: Tasmanian Devil. It fits.

Sydney has a book she's making for school. It was due by the end of September, but she hadn't quite finished it yet. Well, it went from being 12 pages long to 4 today. Jenna got a hold of it and worked her magic--cutting it up, tearing off the words on the page, and chopping the words into tiny pieces. "I cut, Mom."

She also cut a string on our window blinds. Not good, not good at all.

This one actually didn't happen today, but it is some representative work for her portfolio. This involved ripping a page, just because. She does this often.

Have I mentioned before that Jenna has a thing for biting stuff? She has bitten off many of the rubber things that keep our cupboards from banging shut. And many rubber things on computer stuff, like above. This piece I'm holding was literally still slobbery from her.

And then this. Sydney had fallen asleep on the couch. After she woke up, we ran to the grocery store. As I was getting the girls out of the car, I noticed a chunk of Sydney's hair in her car seat. I combed through her hair & discovered why such a chunk would be falling out...Jenna got a hold of her, too!

At least Sydney has enough hair (& it was slightly underneath) that it's not noticeable. (Notice the different hair...I need to figure out if I'm going to re-cut it or let her grow it out...)

It was still enough hair, but at least it was only this much. I guess it could have been worse!

All I can say is, bedtime didn't come soon enough tonight!

15 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

Jenna she's a wild woman! :) Who does she take after? You or Randy????

Keri said...

Has to be Randy. I KNOW I wasn't like that as a kid.

Erin L said...

that is crazy.

I remember when my little girl was 2 and she was quite this much of a tyrant. There were days when it seemed like she was always in time-out - strapped down or me holding her tight.

She has calmed down a lot. i'm glad.

Amanda said...

I feel your pain! Isn't bedtime wonderful.....I mean I love my little monsters, but somedays it's one thing after another. Jeremy keeps reminding me that one day I'll miss this stuff, but the jury's still out on that one. :)

Sandi said...

Yikes!

Koreena said...

Crazy!! I love that smile she's giving you at the sink. It says, "I'm and evil genius and I know it!!" lol

shelby said...

Man that sucks! Hopefully its just a phase, a very short one!

ollie said...

W-O-W! I have a niece JUST like that! Good luck and hopefully some day she will either grow out of it or find a great outlet for her energy!

Anonymous said...

nathan cut the blinds string when he was that age, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one with destructo-children.

Unknown said...

Crazy girl! She's very busy! I'm sure she'll be quite creative as an adult though...where do these ideas come from?!?

Nalene said...

I like Kelsey's thought... Jenna will be quite creative as an adult. There has to be a bright side....and I noticed Sydney seemed to take it well...thank goodness!

Jackson Family said...

whoa, you'd better tell her to 'cut' it out :)

Tammy said...

oh man what a stink! She is too smart for her own good!

Vanessa said...

Holy Smokes...you do have your hands full!! I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen in my household. So far so good!!

Dixie said...

What a WILD child!...ready for another? ;)