Monday, November 23, 2009

Red Dresses & Brave Parents

I bought Sydney & Jenna matching red dresses. Sunday was their first day to wear them together.

Two things to note: One--Yes, my bathroom mirror is very dirty with fingerprints. Look past them...I do!
And two--It was so hard to get a good non-blurry picture of these two while trying to hide myself behind them. So this is the only good-ish one I got of them together.

Jenna quickly got mad over something. Isn't she cute when she's mad? Shh...don't tell her.

Sydney strikes a pose, of course!

Jenna is fascinated with eyeballs. And for just a brief moment, she forgot she was mad.

Sydney thought this was the funniest pose. After 3 shots like this, I had to make her quit.

AND....
Randy and I were brave yesterday.
Very brave.
We sent Jenna to church in undies.
No pull-up.
She quickly discovered that she could get out of church by crying "I need to go potty!"
And so we took her.
Better than an accident, right?
3 hours of church? No accidents.

Later, we had dinner at my cousin's house.
2 hours there? No accidents.
Entire day? No accidents.

Boltstered by this, I got even more brave.
I put her to bed in her undies.
With a pee pad underneath, of course!
11pm, tried to take her potty.
Too tired.
And this morning? DRY!!!
No more diapers in our house.
For now.
We'll enjoy it while it lasts!

14 comments:

Jackson Family said...

a little bit jealous of no diapers in the house!

and your girls look so darling in their matching dresses.

Anonymous said...

YAY! What an accomplishment for you and Jenna; congratulations. I look forward to when I can post something similar about Michael.

Janell said...

Yeah!--for two cute girls and no more diapers! I hope it continues to go well :)

Anonymous said...

cute dresses!
congrats on the potty training!

Sandi said...

Yay, way to go!

Maren said...

They look so cute!

And what a great accomplishment. I can't wait for the day when I don't have to buy diapers.

Teri said...

That is awesome about Jenna. Can Kara come learn from you? I am thinking she will go to kindergarten in diapers.

Cute dresses too. Have a good Thanksgiving!

Amanda said...

Love the matching dresses and way to go Jenna!!!

Rolyndia said...

Love the dresses. So cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

Tammy said...

hooray for no more diapers. I don't know when that day will be for me!! Totally jealous!

Nalene said...

They look absolutely adorable!!!

Kaleb and Abby Widmier said...

Your girls are so cute. I cannot believe how much Sydney looks like you in that last picture, Keri! Happy Holidays!

Vanessa said...

That is awesome about the no diaper thing...don't you love it! I got my girls the same dresses. I love them!

Dixie said...

I love Jenna's pouting picture