Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just call me "Grace"


I fell down the stairs this afternoon, 5 to be exact. (Luckily it was the bottom set of stairs...otherwise I would have smacked into a wall with a large picture on it.) I'm not sure how it all went. I ended up stomach down on my living room floor. My left foot hurts on the bottom, my right foot hurts on the top (pictured), and my right wrist is also scraped up. I don't think I'll be wearing shoes for a while, and I'm also worried that my body will be sore from the fall tomorrow. Cute Sydney was in the living room when it happened. She told me she tried to catch me, but she couldn't. Umm, yeah, I would have squished her! When we talked to Randy on the phone and told him about it, Sydney just had to insert, "Mom cried like a baby." Yes, I did cry. Wouldn't you?!

13 comments:

Amber said...

Ouch!!! Don't do that again. It is not any fun to get hurt. I love Sydney's comment.

Emily said...

Yes, I would have cried too. Although lately I have cried over much less. Happy Healing.

Amanda said...

Ouchy and I would have bawled like a baby if I were you! I hope you feel better quickly!

Rachel said...

Ouch! Sabrina was sitting on my lap while I was checking email and blogs, and Sabrina saw the picture of your foot and said "Ouch, mommy, oww!" So, she feels for you too. I'm glad Syndney tried to catch you--cute! Get feeling better...

ollie said...

LOL!! I love that she said you cried like a baby!!! What a funny little girl! Yeah, I had a nasty spill not too long ago. I was dragging my laundry across our parking lot down to the laundry room. Well, a car started coming towards me and I wasn't paying attention and just flopped over the rolling laundry basket. Yeah, it hurt. It also didn't help that there were several people there that saw the whole thing. Fortunatly they were all nice enough to stop and see if I was okay.

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh, yes that would hurt, and I would definitely cry. Not to put a damper on things but it is so good to see you, just thought I would tell you that again!

Walling Family said...

Oh my goodness!

DANIELLE said...

That's a Bummer!!

corine said...

wow that looks like it hurt. i am excited for you to do my taxes:)

Tiffany said...

Whaat did you scrape yourself on? Did you just trip or are you covering up for randy? I prob shound not joke about that some people really go through bad stuff. Im glad you didnt die. Cassies mom fell down the stairs a few years ago and the doctor said she was lucky not to get hurt really bad. you could break your neck or get hit in the head.

Dixie said...

you're pregnant!

Keri said...

NOPE!!!

Candace said...

oh this just hurts to look at. serious bummer. glad you're feeling better though.