Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

This past weekend has been full of family. My parents, my brother (Grant), and a family friend came up for General Conference. Because they live nearby, Kelsey and Cedric also spent time here with everyone. Here are the highlights:

*Grocery shopping with Mom, courtesy of her
*Enchilada dinner with Spanish rice & beans
*Dad paying for a babysitter & sending us women out to shop for new outfits, courtesy of him, while the men went to the Priesthood session
*Playing "Pounce" late into the night...we're now on the lookout for 2 or 3 couples to play with us!
*All but Mom, Sydney, Jenna & I going to the Sunday afternoon session of conference
*Mom, the girls & I visiting with Uncle EJ & Aunt Debra in their new home while everyone else was in SLC
*Having dinner with everyone before they headed back to NM

Thanks for a great weekend, Mom & Dad & everyone else!

8 comments:

The Chizel Family said...

oh man! your family sounds awesome! glad you had a good weekend!

Bond Fam said...

It sounds like you had lots of fun! Im glad you were able to spend so much time with your family, I just love making family memories!

Amber said...

You are making me sooooo homesick. I am glad you had a fantastic weekend. You totally deserve it. By the way, what is Pounce?

Unknown said...

It sounds like you guys had alot of fun!! Its really nice when you can get family together and its a nice enjoyable time!

Tammy said...

what is Pounce? I am very intrigued! Sounds like fun! I miss my family now too!

Merri Hackett said...

Sounds like way to much fun for one weekend. :) I've never been good at pounce or anything that requires speed.

Tell Tammy pounce is something you do w/ your husbands, she likes games like that. :) ha ha

amanda said...

sounds like a great weekend.

Tammy said...

so pounce is the same game as nertz only you don't have made up names and you yell nertz when your pile is gone! I love it. We are all great in the neighborhood. Well, I know the Grants are good, and we used to play a lot, but it's been a while. I can't remember if the Hacketts knew the game or not...I think not. They might now though! We totally gotta get some cards!