Early yesterday morning, Randy's grandpa passed away. I'm sure he had a wonderful reunion with his wife, who passed away 2 years ago this month. I'm sure Randy could give a much better tribute to him, but I wanted to post something. Here are the a memories I have of him.*Celebrating his 90th birthday earlier this year.
*He was hard of hearing, but loved to have one-on-one conversations with me...or anyone else, I'm sure.
*The year that grandma died, he called me on my birthday. :) That meant a lot to me. Grandma had always been the one to send out cards.
*He was a very hard worker. It was difficult for him to accept his aging body. He still wanted to be climbing up on the roof to fix things long after he shouldn't have been!
*He loved to golf. Randy could always find a supply of golf balls in his garage that he had collected while at the course.
*He came to our costume party last Halloween!
*A little over a year ago, we went to a (mine & the girls' first) family reunion with Grandpa's family. It was neat to get to meet more of Randy's extended family, most of whom he doesn't even know.
*He didn't like war. At all. He lost a son (MIA) in Vietnam the day after Christmas in 1972. I know it still pained him greatly.
*Grandpa had lived in the same house since the 1940's, I believe. He has always lived in AF.
*He was born during the middle of a snowstorm. Someone had to send for the doctor, who came in a buggy to deliver him.
Farewell, Grandpa. We will miss you!
12 comments:
Wow! What an amazing history...Sorry for your loss!
Sorry that you've lost a loved one. What a nice tribute.
Sounds like an amazing man... I'm so sorry for your loss!
Thank You Keri for the nice things about Grandpa. I know that he is very happy to be with Grandma and Jim. He didn't want to go but he is much happier and content with his body working now, instead of being stuck in bed not being able to do anything. We love him and will see him again.
Your little tribute was good to read.
We're thinking of you guys.
sorry for your loss, I enjoyed reading your memories of him. We can learn so much from our grandparents I think.
Im sure it must have been a wonderful reunion. If there is anything we can do for you guys let us know.
That was really neat to read about him. I think it's wonderful that you knew him like that. It is sweet to think that he is now with his wife again. *hugs*
What a nice tribute. It's great when someone can live so long and you can get to know and appreciate them. Tell Randy we are thinking of him.
What a wonderful group of memories preserved! Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Oh I hope randy is doing well. At least he lived a great life. That would be really hard losing a child. I am a big fat boob lately so I am sad about everything dealing with losing kids. A very nice tribute and the picture is extra cute too!
((((HUGS))) to you both!! He sounds like an wonderful grandpa and role model!
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment