Last Thursday and Friday, I mourned the impeding loss of my garden. A hard frost was predicted for the weekend, and we would be out of town with no way to offer protection. So, I did the only things I knew to do: picked what I could & took pictures. Surprisingly, some of our plants survived the several nights of freezing temperatures, but the zucchini, cucumber, and cantaloupe were completely killed. And I was just plain sick of the green beans. So, last night, Randy and I tore those plants out. We'll dispose of more as space in our garbage allows. In memorium of the wonderful garden that we had, here are some of my favorite farewell pictures, which are just a small portion of our garden. Enjoy.
'Detroit Supreme' beets

'Mr. Big' peas
Pole beans--can't remember the variety
7 comments:
what a beautiful garden. You inspire me, just wait...one of these years I'll post pictures on my blog of our garden.
Our garden froze this past weekend too. :( My girls and I are feeling sad with you.
I would love to see your gardens in person. I can only imagine how amazing they are!
Your so good, having a garden! I am not looking forward to winter either!
bye garden, but I am sure you'll be bigger and better than ever next year!!!
I am envious of your guys tallent of gardening. So gorgous!
an ode to the garden! We love being able to say we have a neighbor with a really nice garden! There is always next year. That's the beauty of seasons right? goods and bads for everything.
Post a Comment