Monday, October 27, 2008

Family & Services

This weekend has been spent with Randy's family. We were able to have Sunday dinner with his parents & all of his siblings before attending Grandpa's viewing. I don't want to be morbid, but I couldn't help but notice how peaceful he looked in his casket.


This morning was Grandpa's graveside services. He didn't want a funeral. The services were very nice & it reminded me of what a great man he was & the great character he possessed. Like he did with Grandma C., Randy was able to dedicate his Grandpa's grave...what an honor. Despite that sadness of Grandpa's passing, I am so grateful for the hope that there is in the gospel of Christ!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the hope the gospel brings!!!

amanda said...

sorry to hear about your grandpa. its true he is in a better place.

Gasaway Family said...

Looks like we have gone through simialr experiences this last week. I know what you mean about him looking peaceful and I don't think it's morbid. I thought the same thing about my grandma. What a neat opportunity for Randy to get to dedicate his grandpa's grave. He sounds like an awesome grandpa!

Dixie said...

I didn't realize Randy dedicated the grave. That is really neat.

Great photos.