I recently read a blog where the author followed one of their children around with a camera for the day & documented their life. (I read so many blogs, and for the life of me, I can't remember who it was, so if you know, please remind me!)...okay, and I've been reminded that it was Lily's blog. Check her post out here--so cute!
I also recently read Janae's post, which really touched me. Click here to read it. I saw myself in what she used to be, and I want to learn to really love motherhood, like she has.
So, today I followed my girls around. This post will be long, but hopefully worth the read/look.
Up at 7:00, breakfast at 7:40. Fruit & yogurt smoothies, turkey bacon & homemade pumpkin bran bread. Jenna stole my turkey bacon while I grabbed the camera!
Chocolate milk & vitamins. Fits were being thrown before & after the picture...and much of the day, in fact.
Friends came over to bring Valentines cards. Wanted to stay, but then wanted to go home after 5 minutes. Sydney went to play at their house--for over 4 hours!. Jenna strips #2.
Naps for Mom & Jenna. Mom woke up to Jenna calling Sydney's name. This is what she was seeing out her bedroom window.
9 comments:
Thanks for that candid look at a typical day--more real than Reality TV! (I love the stripping, and the girls in the window!)
that was fun to read and see how your girls spend their day!
I love everything about this post, such a good idea! I love the dolly's sleeping, and I love Jenna and Syndey's hair! You are a great mom!
What a cute idea. Maybe I'll have to do this sometime. I love that Jenna strips so much. lol
I think it was Lily's blog or at least I know she did it because I read it on hers.
You're right, Sandy! Thank you!
This was a fun post! I'm sure you'll love this down the road, remembering the memories of having the kids at home. And that fruit smoothie and pumpkin bread and 5 bean salad...you are such an amazing cook! Your kids are lucky. Do you mind posting those recipes for me? I'm in a rut w/ breakfast meals and those are looking sooo good.
That's a really cute idea! I like the pic of the girls in the Valdez's window. cute girlies.
First, your girls are soooo cute! Second, I can't believe you did their hair all fancy. That is adorable. Oh, the things Seara doesn't know she's missing out on. Third, thanks for the shout out. I'm blushing. :) And last, of course I remember you guys!!! We actually moved not three weeks before the ward split, so we barely missed you. It's weird to think that if we come back to visit everything is going to be different. We sure loved Spanish Fields, though! What a fun place to live.
Post a Comment