Saturday, February 14, 2009

If you live in Utah, I need your help.

For all of my fellow Utahns, there is currently a bill, known as Clay's Law, that is facing a Senate vote this week.  If you haven't heard of Clay's Law, it is a law that will require insurance companies to provide coverage for autism therapies.  We have several friends here in my neighborhood whose children could greatly benefit from the passage of this law.

I'm asking you to please contact your state senator and representative to ask them to support Clay's Law.

Here are several links that may give some background & also some information on who you need to contact.  Thanks a million!

For the Love of Charlie --Steff's day at Capital Hill and background on one of these precious kids
Clay's Law video  Amazing video!!  There is so much hope out there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome that you are taking action on this! I have a little brother who has autism and went into early childhood dev/special ed and love children iwth autism, they fascinate me and this would be such an awesome thing for families!!!

Rolyndia said...

What a great cause. I hope something good comes out of it.

I love your day in the life of your girls. So cute.

Steff said...

Keri,

Thank you so much for writing this post. It brought tears to my eyes. If this passed, it would change Charlie's life. I feel so blessed to have friends like you who care and are willing to reach out and help us. It means so much. I can't thank you enough.