Saturday, July 18, 2009

Frugal vs. Cheap...where to draw the line?

King-size sheets are expensive.
I thought I could "fix it up" and "make it do" for a bit longer.
So I patched our sheets.
(Who in the world patches their sheets?!?)
Yes, I patched them.
With a denim looking patch.
And you know what?
The sheets were threadbare enough that they lasted exactly one more night before they looked like this...in multiple places.

We now have new sheets.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

that so funny!! i was going to patch some of my favorite sheets and my mom promised me they wouldn't last anyway that they'd just tear more....
i trusted her cuz she knows about sewing and fabric and stuff...but now i SEE she was right. (sigh) oh well, think i'll make pillow cases out of what isn't threadbare...if there's enough. sorry, hope they weren't your favorites too!

Radene said...

I am impressed, I would have bought new sheets sooner. GOod for you. I wish i lived closer to you so I could learn all your thrifty ways. :-) it would be so fun.

Vanessa said...

hahahahahaha!!! You are too much! At least you tried.

Nalene said...

That is fuuny, but I would have done the same thing...in fact, I think I did once, but not with denim!

Koreena said...

Hilarious! I would've been out buying new sheets so fast, but probably the cheapest ones available. :)

Amanda said...

You crack me up Keri!

Merri Hackett said...

it must be from all of randy's hot air. wink wink

Sandi said...

Oh, you made me laugh with that one! How much futile effort have I gone to in my attempts to save money?! You rock!