Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Chance to Serve

A few of you may have gotten an email from me on this...For those who are unaware, my friend, Heather, needs to have surgery done on her heart. She and her husband are self-employed and are without insurance. Our ward, neighborhood, and community are seeking to raise the funds to help her family pay for the $40-60,000 surgery. I would love it if you would donate on behalf of my friendship with her. Our ward has set up a website where you can read more about her situation and donations can be accepted, Bless Heather's Heart. Even if you don't have much to give, every little bit counts. Thanks a million!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

How is the ward and community doing with collecting money? Are they getting closer? How much is left? I just wish we could give more, but if everyone gives a little bit, it'd add up quickly I guess.

Keri said...

It's coming along slower than I would like, but the website has been up less than a week. They just announced it to everyone in church Sunday, so hopefully the word will get around.

We are holding a Chocolate Festival & Silent Auction in February for her...and maybe some other stuff. I feel the same as you--wish we could give more & know that if everyone just gave a little bit it will quickly add up. On behalf of Heather, THANK YOU!!

Vanessa said...

Keri, I just saw you on Amanda Whipples blog. It is so nice to see another familiar face. How are you doing? Your kiddies are so cute. Your oldest one looks just like you! I wish mine looked an ounce like me. Anyway, it's so nice to see you!